• Edge of Sanity

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kara-Shehr

Sep 2, 2010
I've recently picked up an affinity for Swe Death. I hear there are some experts in the field around these parts so I thought what the hell. Forgive me if there is a similar thread like this already in existence I used the search bar and couldn't really find anything.

So who is the best DM band from Sweden?

Remake this thread and put Necrophobic and Therion in there before you think of something like Edge Of Sanity please.

I'm sure very few will agree with me. That being said out of the Old School Swedes I like Wombbath the most. You also would be doing yourself a favor by checking out Seance. Some good newer bands would include Necrovation and Tribulation. And yes I believe this was already a thread...started by Velocibrad about a year ago me thinks. Had alot of really good band suggestions in there.

I'm not especially familiar with any of the bands as a whole, but Dismember is the only one I've really had my fancy tickled by.

These are the absolute highlights for me. Impossible to choose one band:

Entombed - Left Hand Path
Necrony - Pathological Performances
Repugnant - Epitome of Darkness
Necrovation - Breed Deadness Blood

Necrovation is killer stuff. Tribulation's The Horror and Necrovation's Breed Deadness Blood are my favorite modern SweDM albums most likely.

Between the listed bands, I'd pick Edge of Sanity for the sake of Dan Swano's enormous contributions to the metal scene.

Otherwise, Dissection is hands down the best Swedish (blackened) death metal band.

Edge of Sanity, I like all their albums and the band as a whole so can stay involved, same with Grave and Unleashed for the most part.

Remake this thread and put Necrophobic and Therion in there before you think of something like Edge Of Sanity please.

I do not see how Therion is a better swedish DM band then Edge of Sanity. :lol:. "Best Swedish DM band", not I REALLY LIKE BEYOND SANCTORUM!!!.