• Dismember

Votes: 9 37.5%
  • Edge of Sanity

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Please specify)

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yep, the first ATG EP and the two first albums puts them in the top I would say. Theory In Practice on second place. Very few Swedish dm bands have put out more than one great album, TIP has three.

I would have to say Entombed. Their first few albums were excellent.

Yeah. And it's not even 2 percent as good as any Euro DM albums. It's average/generic/unoriginal DM at best, not really sure why someone would think Therion is one of the best swedish DM bands.

At The Gates, early Therion (Beyond Sanctorum especially), and Dismember are probably among the best for the classic stuff.

Therion is nothing more than garbage.

and even thought Dissection's one of the greatest metal bands of all time, i wouldn't consider them to be a death metal band.

I would not consider Dissection a DM band, but like say Unanimated they resemble 80's metal and 1st wave BM, not many 90's bands do who play extreme metal.

while i wouldnt consider therion garbage, i do believe their first two are overly praised. their third album is where they got interesting and peaked on Theli. then they got boring for about 3 albums, then got awesome again for Lemuria/Sirius B and GOthic Kabbalah.

but this is about death metal. I'll go with early to mid EoS and mid Hypocrisy. pan thy monium is great as well