Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Stronghold

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lost Tales

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'd go for Dol Guldur, it's the first I owned and still the one that makes me travel the furthest inwardly.
Plus, I feel it is the album where they reached the strongest empathy to Tolkien's spirit.

Dol Guldur is the best Summoning album and likely one of the greatest cd's ever. I adore the song Nightshade Forests. Let Mortal Heroes... is a very excellent cd as well.

I always switch between Dol Guldur and Stronghold, but today I'll choose Dol Guldur just because "Nightshade Forests" is probably their greatest song ever.

I like Dol Guldur, but to me, it is their softest album, which in and of itself isn't bad, but I like the more metal albums like MM and Stronghold.

I think their best song is either Lugburz, or the last song on Stronghold (can't remember the name)

If you haven't already, fans of Summoning might also like Die Verbannten Kinder Evas. This is a side project of Richard Lederer (Protector) and his wife/girlfriend I believe. Very epic darkwave type stuff. Imagine Summoning dropping all guitars, adding melancholy sounding music, and then replacing the black metal shrieks with a clean male vocals and beautiful female vocals. Just a suggestion.

Dreamlord said:
If you haven't already, fans of Summoning might also like Die Verbannten Kinder Evas. This is a side project of Richard Lederer (Protector) and his wife/girlfriend I believe. Very epic darkwave type stuff. Imagine Summoning dropping all guitars, adding melancholy sounding music, and then replacing the black metal shrieks with a clean male vocals and beautiful female vocals. Just a suggestion.

Sounds interesting. I'll be sure to check it out.

Dreamlord said:
I like Dol Guldur, but to me, it is their softest album, which in and of itself isn't bad, but I like the more metal albums like MM and Stronghold.
MM for sure, but Stronghold more metal? They're about on par, no?

To me, the guitars stand out more on Stronghold. Dol Guldur is basically trance-type music, with the guitars may down in the mix.