Best technical metal band?

well XordinarystoryX, as much as it pains me to say so, i have to fully agree with you. Who cares about technicality of the music if its boring. Anyone who can listen to these jam sessions that bands like dream theater go into either have to be stoned or really into musical technicality. Gets totally old after a few minutes.

If you think Decapitated is good, check out Psycroptic and Necrophagist, two of the best technical bands out there. Psycroptic has some sound clips on their site, check out "The Colour of Sleep." Good lyrics, too.

Nah dude im cool, its old anyway, and it was about talking shit about the french i think. By the way, who is this weird looking geeky red haired guy that everyone has as their picture?

EndlessWhore said:
well XordinarystoryX, as much as it pains me to say so, i have to fully agree with you. Who cares about technicality of the music if its boring. Anyone who can listen to these jam sessions that bands like dream theater go into either have to be stoned or really into musical technicality. Gets totally old after a few minutes.

Oh yeah forgot to mention that. ^This is probably the most important red thread with all music, just look at Rusty Cooley. He can play faster then Yanko Wanks but it is BORING as hell to listen to! That CD is collecting dust. Listen to Deth a while back, guess I'll start there. Which one? (don't go "oh the first man, gotta have the first to get to know them man!" which is teh best"est" ie which one rule"est") :D

sry, Yanko!!! :lol:

EndlessWhore said:
By the way, who is this weird looking geeky red haired guy that everyone has as their picture?

haha. he was trying to piss people off in another thread, but he forgot to take his homepage link down...those are his pics.... :D