best viking metal album of Bathory

Which of the following albums do you like best?

• Total voters

zabu of nΩd

Free Insultation
Feb 9, 2007
I realize the scope of this thread is pretty small; I just feel like shooting the shit about Bathory for a while. What's your favorite of these albums? What makes it better than the others? I'd have the other Bathory stuff as choices, but I figured it would be more interesting without all the votes going to Blood Fire Death or the other kvlt albvms.

Although I absolutely love Hammerheart and it's one of my favorite Bathory albums, I've always felt like Twilight Of The Gods was the ultimate realization of the epic, viking sound Quorthon was going for.

Although I absolutely love Hammerheart and it's one of my favorite Bathory albums, I've always felt like Twilight Of The Gods was the ultimate realization of the epic, viking sound Quorthon was going for.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks this.

Twilight of the Gods goes beyond epic; to me, it's spiritual. This is the music I would imagine listening to if I were in some higher, more godly realm of existence which happened to be accompanied by music. Now, the album is a little rough around the edges, but of true passion and conviction it speaks volumes.

There's something about Hammerheart which is truly magical, it's an album which totally captures a feeling in such a brilliant way, it could only be a rare moment in a lifetime. I think we're fucking lucky that Quorthon was able to capture it in the form of Hammerheart, it's a marvelous album.

Twilight of the Gods goes beyond epic; to me, it's spiritual. This is the music I would imagine listening to if I were in some higher, more godly realm of existence which happened to be accompanied by music. Now, the album is a little rough around the edges, but of true passion and conviction it speaks volumes.

Yes, it's the same way for me. Hammerheart is undeniably epic, but like you said, Twilight is so much more. Plus, I also think Quorthon's voice got better and I dunno if it was because he had more time to recover from screaming or what, but I like his clean vocals a lot more on Twilight.