best vocalist?

Yea I like the dude from Akercocke as well, hes awesome, but his growls and screams are of a different sort than Mike's. They are deeper and more distorted. The guy from Severe Torture growls in a very similiar way. I like Mikaels the best because he can go very deep and it sounds very gruff but is relatively easy to understand. Mike could probably get close to or as deep as the dude from Akercocke, but imo doing good deep growls with good clarity of words is more difficult than super deep distorted vox. Lol and I also don't deny, I am a great fan of everything Mikael does.

Can't name just one. The late great Chuck Schuldiner, Jari Maenpaa, Dead(Per Yngve Ohlin)R.I.P., Devin Townsend, Shagrath, and of Course I have to mention ZAKK WYLDE, hes got the most beautiful soulful voice on the planet. SDMF

You people have meantioned some outrageously gay sounding vocalists.

Anyway ill go for Devourment.
But since most of you are into the queer powergay shit then ill say that whore from sinergy is pretty good.

Oh yeah and ofcourse MIKE PATTON.

Matthew Barlow - he is amazing! My band and I play a couple of Iced Earth songs and I LOVE singing them. Those songs are my favourites! And it gives me a little chalenge when I have to do some screaming! :headbang:
Simone Simons - A lead vocalist of the band Epica. The band itself is not so good, but she makes the band much better once she starts to sing. :worship:

Clean vox:
- Jonas Renkse (Katatonia)
- Dan Swanö (Nightingale, Unicorn, and a fuckton more projects)
- Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree)
- John Haughm (Agalloch, Nest, Sculptured)
- Vidar Johnsen (Vamp)
- Nick Drake

Growls:
- Dallas Toller-wade and Karl Sanders (Nile)
- Tomi Koivusaari (old Amorphis)
- Dan Swanö (Edge of Sanity, his soloproject, and yet another fuckton of projects)

Shrieks/high growls:
- Nocturno Culto (well durrr)
- Varg (Burzum ofc)
- John Haughm (Agalloch)
- Garm (Ulver, Arcturus)
- Grutle Kjellson (Enslaved)
- Olli Mustonen (Catamenia)
- Pekka Kokko (Kalmah)
- Roman Saenko (Drudkh)

in no particular order or genre....for me its..

ronnie james dio
layne staley
bruce dikenson
john fogerty
ronald "bon" scott:headbang:
mike patton
geoff tate
crosby /stills/young
and others...

oh..and also...:err:
seal
sade
pavaroti
:OMG:
ill be updating this list frequently:cool:

Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth) - Amazing cean vocals (listen to their more recent stuff, like Damnation or Ghost Reveries) and his death vocals are fuckin awesome (listen to the song Blackwater Park, or some of his stuff with Bloodbath)

Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden) - Do I need to explain?

Randy Blythe (Lamb of God) - unique voice... plus he actually sounds better live (listen to Black Label on the live CD and you'll know what I mean)