Dragonforce Announces New Singer

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
From Blabbermouth:

U.K. based metal heroes DRAGONFORCE have announced that their long search for a new vocalist is finally over. After entries from thousands of hopefuls across the globe, the shredmasters supreme welcome 23-year-old Marc Hudson to the band to fill the boots left by ZP Theart, who parted ways with the band in March of last year.

"I'm really excited about being a part of the DRAGONFORCE family," says Marc. "It's always been my dream to dedicate my life to making music. I'm going to bring all the power and emotion I can to the songs, and help make the killer new record the fans have been waiting for!"

Born in Oxford England, Marc was picked from the thousands of applications via a number of impressive video auditions and live performances, which left the rest of the band in no doubt that they’d found their man. Since the age of 16, Marc has been building his vocal skills gigging with bands in the U.K. underground scene, developing a powerful style with influences which include Bruce Dickinson, Michael Kiske and Sebastian Bach.

Commented founding member and guitarist Herman Li: "After almost a year of searching around the globe, it's great to be able to finally tell our fans the good news. Marc's expressive and melodic vocals are sounding phenomenal on the new songs, adding another dimension to the DRAGONFORCE sound that I am sure all the fans will love."

The band has been working on a new album since early 2010, recording in various studios in California, London and the South of France. The follow-up to 2008's hugely successful "Ultra Beatdown" album will be highly anticipated, with top 10 and top 20 chart positions all over the world and a Grammy nomination in theUnitedStates setting the precedent. With Marc brought into the fold, the band is enjoying an injection of enthusiasm and hunger that sees DRAGONFORCE prepared to return more focused and determined than ever before.

"Everyone in the band is extremely excited about how the new material is shaping up," continues Herman. "We haven't felt this kind of energy in the band for a long time. We can't wait to unleash the next DRAGONFORCE album later this year."

The new album is expected to hit the shelves in September, with a full world tour to follow.

You can see a video clip of Marc Hudson's audition demo below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn!!!!! I like him, that boy has a set of pipes on him. By the way what songs are the songs he is singing on the audition tape.

Wow, very nice!
I am one of the few who supported this band even after the popularity, and will continue to do so.
Ultra Beatdown was a damn fine album.
I liked it more than Inhuman Rampage to be honest, as I felt it had less filler.

This guy will do just fine.

As far as the tunes, I would assume they might be new ones? They don't sound famliar musically or vocally.

Not too bad. I will definetly pick up the new disc.

Same,
I think it was a very smart move going with a younger guy as well.
He does look and sound like Kiske when he first joined Helloween.
Seems like lots of bands, esp of this genre, do well when a young unknown joins the fold (IE - Kiske, Adler, etc)

Perfect example of why I hate it when bands just take the easy route and hire a singer in another band. Why would you want to make your band sound just like the other band the singer is in? Kudos to Dragonforce for finding a relatively unknown singer. There are obviously good singers out there that aren't in an already popular band. It may have taken them a year to do it, but at least they don't have a guy that's in 3 other bands thus removing their originality.

Perfect example of why I hate it when bands just take the easy route and hire a singer in another band. Why would you want to make your band sound just like the other band the singer is in? Kudos to Dragonforce for finding a relatively unknown singer. There are obviously good singers out there that aren't in an already popular band. It may have taken them a year to do it, but at least they don't have a guy that's in 3 other bands thus removing their originality.

I totally agree. And most of the time when you get a known singer....there is more potential to change the bands sound or risk of him leaving for greener pastures.

.....As far as the tunes, I would assume they might be new ones? They don't sound famliar musically or vocally.

Yes, they are new ones.
"This video contains clips of Marc in the studio recording demos of new DragonForce work in progress".

These guys are, indirectly, the reason I started looking at new music for the first time in over a decade...and even more indirectly what led me to ProgPower, which had been going on down the road from my #@!%^&*! office for several years.

So... Thank you to Dragonforce for blasting the cobwebs from my face and getting me to look for good music... which became a pretty freaking easy task once I opened my damn ears and eyes. I am excited they found a good young talent who can help them keep rocking.

Well Marc has had a few shows under his belt now but here's a song from his debut in Zurich. Have to cut him some slack cause he was probably nervous as hell but even with bad recording equipment he doesn't sound too good especially on the highs. Still this was his debut gig so we have take that into account. Still I'm not so sure Marc is the right guy now, but I'm happy to be proved wrong when the album comes out.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVpjkxE1Fgs&feature=related[/ame]