DragonForce announce new singer

In power metal, you are always riding for something or to somewhere. (Especially in DragonForce!)

Ergo, horses are necessary.

Because really, riding a bike isn't exactly power metal. ^_^

(EDIT: I suppose, really, you're supposed to ride a dragon, but a horse is a good close second.)

On topic, though, you guys have to admit that's an impressive scream. He cites Kiske, Dickinson, and Bach, and sounds a lot like a mixture of all three.

I'm grateful for blunt and honest opinions so long as they're well founded and supported.
I like to think that all of my opinions are well founded and supported, they are always honest. :)

Ok it's just that from looking back at your comments on this thread I've only seen criticisms about the production sound, ambiguity about him not living up to his predecessor and implications about his inability to sing in a higher key.
I take it you never saw his auditions and his demo recording on youtube? I should probably dig up up all my original comments from the DragonForce forum about him back when he was the first person to audition to help you understand my thoughts and opinion.

An arrogant musician? No! STOP THE PRESSES! Even so, why does this impact on his voice again?
I know huh? I guess I should have specified for you and separated the comments as they were two differing discussions.

His arrogance and jackassery has nothing to do with his singing, this judge of merit is on him as a person.

I judged his merit on his singing separately, but it seems that you did not catch that in my original comments, my apologies. :)

Fair enough but it didn't strike me as the effects were propping him up to make him sound better than he actually is. The bit at the end, well, I'd like to think he earned credit for that himself even if he is being drowned in reverb!
Again, back to his first audition videos and his demo with that garage band Clint he was more raw and showcased his real singing abilities. You could hear all his short comings, this 'demo' was indeed propping him up to sound better than he actually is, but hey, that's the business, I just hope he and the fans knows he can't rely on extra production live, and when the barrage of "you suck live" comments come rolling in, if they do, I hope I don't have to say to anyone "I told you so". :)

Then I'll have your slice :)
Please do. :)

To be clear: I don't like DF enough any more to defend them but because of the predictability of the vitriol they're likely to provoke on the internet I've become acutely aware of people bad mouthing them from past grievances rather than judging the thing at hand on it's own merits.
Fair enough.

I have no past grievances with DragonForce, I am one of their oldest and longest lasting fans and have been there since the beginning, but I think after being with the band for 11 years, we will have to part ways due to "insurmountable differences of musical opinion". :D

Sorry for my late response to you, I did not know you had replied to me until now. :)

Glad you caught those! :D

I specifically went over there to see what you wrote! :D

Well...the decline of DF continues, though it is not Marc's fault I think he has great potential...but the backing tracks man...sounds so lame. I'm sticking with my theory that DF died after Sonic Firestorm

Interesting topic to read. Lots of opinions.
Ive been following dragonforce for really a long time.
When a singer leaves yeah thats sad. Those guys wanna continue and I personally think Marc will do a good job. Before im going to judge this guy , wanna listen to the album and his life performance. There is no point of me giving a real opinion here.

Marc is really nice guy and I had a cool conversation with him, albeit briefly, after our set with Symphony X in London recently. I wish him all the very best for what is an awesome opportunity for him

He must have been starstruck and in awe to be standing in the presence of a real musician and was hoping to impress you with his 'niceties'. :D

I wonder how he will sound after 2 years of back to back touring, nightly concerts of 2 hours, w/ fans expecting him to hit the ether every time; while criss crossing time zones w/little sleep...is it any wonder the singer's voice gives out?