DragonForce announce new singer

I would guess 1928 meant it in the sense of Dragonforce's Music becoming Stale and not progressing i.e. doing more or less the same thing over and over and gradually becoming less enjoyable the more it is done.

I see. Thanks!

And when it comes to Vad. He's the one person in Dragonforce i'm not really fond of. His own special instruments(like the DJ thing) really brings down dragonforce alot, but hopefully they learned by their mistakes.

To me these few seconds of the new album sounds a bit like UB, without those strange crappy noises from Vad's toys....(so maybe they are a bit stagnated:p)

Not surprised one bit that a Dragonforce thread has flared up a few past grudges and played out sentiments. A knee-jerk reaction but perhaps not one totally without justification. I've certainly become disillusioned with the band.

As an old DF fan who doesn't really care for anything past Sonic Firestorm and barely listens to them at all these days...I still get a bit irked by the 'harsh' comments of Shredgirl et al because it seems so prejudice and judgemental when we're talking about a new guy trying to bring something new to a band which desperately needs it. Maybe judge him on his own merits before dimissing him as a 'jackass' or contributing nothing to DF's current/future sound. Unless I'm missing something about the guy, based on his performance in that video alone, I think he's alright; did a good job. Studio enhanced? That's a bit naïve; welcome to music production!

Maybe the next album will just be more of the same but it seems odd to berate him for not being ZP and then at the same time wanting something different from DF. Tough crowd is right, DF fans or people who still care enough to follow their news, want to have their cake and eat it too.

The video was just demos before the vocals were edited. Also the sound was recorded using a camera right?

I just went with the Wikipedia page, but it could be a lie, or a different power-metal-singing-Marc Hudson, I guess? If I'm wrong, my bad.
There is noone participating in the AINA album by the name of Marc Hudson, there is no character even in the story named 'Wolfgang'. I own the album and it lists every single person involved with the project in a thick booklet.

Plus as Michael said, Marcus would have only been around 15. :lol:

I guess my problem is following your style vs. stagnation, the latter of which I think the Force is really coming close to if they haven't hit that mark already. :p

Concerning Vad... I really hope he doesn't use that DJ equipment he bought last year on the new album! I miss his look circa Valley of the Damned/Sonic Firestorm, when he was just another longhair :lol:
I agree with alot of your points Michael, especially the ones you made over at the DragonForce forums as you went into more detail. :)

i remember him being very arrogant about his singing against his competitions and to other youtube comments.
I'm glad someone remembers this besides me and isn't just eating up the 'niceties'.

Not surprised one bit that a Dragonforce thread has flared up a few past grudges and played out sentiments. A knee-jerk reaction but perhaps not one totally without justification. I've certainly become disillusioned with the band.
Many have over the years, I hold no grudges against the 'band'.

As an old DF fan who doesn't really care for anything past Sonic Firestorm and barely listens to them at all these days...I still get a bit irked by the 'harsh' comments of Shredgirl et al because it seems so prejudice and judgemental when we're talking about a new guy trying to bring something new to a band which desperately needs it.
Well I make no apologies for my opinions and thoughts, no matter how anyone takes them, I am blunt and have a razor sharp tongue, I warned everyone of this. :)

Maybe judge him on his own merits
I have.

before dimissing him as a 'jackass' or contributing nothing to DF's current/future sound. Unless I'm missing something about the guy, based on his performance in that video alone, I think he's alright; did a good job.
I was being polite by calling him a jackass, you are indeed missing alot, just read dreamchaser's comment and speculate it for a minute. :)

Studio enhanced? That's a bit naïve; welcome to music production!
Yes, I've been around musical production long enough to know the ins and outs, but my point was the blatant use of the extra production that didn't even sound natural. Albeit, only a demo recording, it shows his flaws.

Maybe the next album will just be more of the same but it seems odd to berate him for not being ZP and then at the same time wanting something different from DF.
Well I have not berated him for not being ZP, I have voiced my opinion of ZP on the DragonForce forums that he was always the "weakest link" in the band in my opinion. :Smug:

Tough crowd is right, DF fans or people who still care enough to follow their news, want to have their cake and eat it too.
I don't eat cake. ;)

Well I make no apologies for my opinions and thoughts, no matter how anyone takes them, I am blunt and have a razor sharp tongue, I warned everyone of this. :)

I'm grateful for blunt and honest opinions so long as they're well founded and supported.

Ok it's just that from looking back at your comments on this thread I've only seen criticisms about the production sound, ambiguity about him not living up to his predecessor and implications about his inability to sing in a higher key.

I was being polite by calling him a jackass, you are indeed missing alot, just read dreamchaser's comment and speculate it for a minute. :)

An arrogant musician? No! STOP THE PRESSES! Even so, why does this impact on his voice again?

the blatant use of the extra production that didn't even sound natural. Albeit, only a demo recording, it shows his flaws.

Fair enough but it didn't strike me as the effects were propping him up to make him sound better than he actually is. The bit at the end, well, I'd like to think he earned credit for that himself even if he is being drowned in reverb!

Well I have not berated him for not being ZP

Fair enough that wasn't directed your way especially.

I don't eat cake. ;)

Then I'll have your slice :)

To be clear: I don't like DF enough any more to defend them but because of the predictability of the vitriol they're likely to provoke on the internet I've become acutely aware of people bad mouthing them from past grievances rather than judging the thing at hand on it's own merits.

It's quite funny how everyone seems more interested in the new DF singer....rather than a horse called Power Quest.....come on guys! :)))))

Someone get this man a horse immediately! A lovely horse.