DragonForce announce new singer

:lol: I apologize, haha!

I'll reluctantly be buying the album. I was so obsessed with Dragonforce for so many years that I just have to give them one more shot... I'm really disappointed with how they haven't really progressed at all.

That said, maybe I'm being a little harsh on only a minute or so worth of various clips, but come on, at least put some effort into the lyrics...

:lol: I apologize, haha!

I'll reluctantly be buying the album. I was so obsessed with Dragonforce for so many years that I just have to give them one more shot... I'm really disappointed with how they haven't really progressed at all.

That said, maybe I'm being a little harsh on only a minute or so worth of various clips, but come on, at least put some effort into the lyrics...

Apology accepted! :D

I was also obsessed with DragonForce since the day they put up their original demo tracks on mp3.com, I've got probably hundreds of dollars in DF albums, merchandise, etc., but ever since they released that subpar album IR I've been questioning the band and their musical direction.

As for you being harsh, no, you're not, 'cause we've all seen his horrible auditions and also heard his demo with that garage band that he had up on youtube, it was ear rape. :ill:

I know, right? I too have hundreds in DF stuff, and yet over the past few years I've hardly played any of the CDs or worn any of the shirts, etc. They've just been confusing me with their direction, especially that cyber-metal stuff on Ultra Beatdown... "erase the past from myspace," really?

Granted I can't really stand Inhuman Rampage anymore... but I do like the song Flame of Youth, I honestly believe that despite the lyrics it's one of their best choruses.

I know, right? I too have hundreds in DF stuff, and yet over the past few years I've hardly played any of the CDs or worn any of the shirts, etc. They've just been confusing me with their direction, especially that cyber-metal stuff on Ultra Beatdown... "erase the past from myspace," really?

Granted I can't really stand Inhuman Rampage anymore... but I do like the song Flame of Youth, I honestly believe that despite the lyrics it's one of their best choruses.
Yeah, I know what you mean, I haven't spun DF's discs much at all in the last few years.

I admit that I liked some of the stuff on UB, but, Vadim's weird cyber crap intros and fills killed alot of the songs.

As for IR, it was raped with all of Adrian's great bass work removed at the last minute before getting pressed, had it been left intact it might have had a different impact on me in regards to some of the songs, but as it is, I have never been able to listen to that album all the way through for very long because it gets on my nerves.

Not even the ballad could save the album for me, and I'm a sappy sucker for ballads, and yet, it didn't move me like the prior ones.:confused:

myspace... lol

Don't care if he can sing that shit live, as I don't plan to see them live. Never had a problem with ZP's vocals or the production wankery of the back catalogue. It's all part of the show. And let me tell you, it took me a while to even get into this band in the first place. Somehow I didn't find the songs catchy enough. :lol: Yeah, I know, strange as fuck. Then I realized the error of my ways and became a fan.

To me it seems you're a bit harsh on this dude. Give him a chance, why don't you?

The man in question actually filled in for a friend's band (Dendera from Portsmouth) for a few shows. All my friends who saw his shows said he was a brilliant singer and it was a shame he couldn't commit to the band full time. I'm disappointed to see that people's disapproval has turned into a personal attack.

Don't care if he can sing that shit live, as I don't plan to seem them live. Never had a problem with ZP's vocals or the production wankery of the back catalogue. It's all part of the show. And let me tell you, it took me a while to even get into this band in the first place. Somehow I didn't find the songs catchy enough. :lol: Yeah, I know, strange as fuck. Then I realized the error of my ways and became a fan.

To me it seems you're a bit harsh on this dude. Give him a chance, why don't you?

Me, myself, I'm not harsh on the guy - I think he's got a good voice and will be good. My problem lies with the other members of the band and their songwriting habits :lol:

HEY EVERYONE LET'S ALL PILE ON DRAGONFORCE THAT'S TOTALLY ORIGINAL. :D

Ah well. I know ever since they got popular, they're not cool to like anymore, but I don't care. I wouldn't be into power metal if it wasn't for them (PRE-Guitar Hero, mind you), and they still get my blood pumping like nothing else. Original? Never. Epic? Always.

I think the new dude sounds great, and if you reaaaallllly get bitchy about studio tweaks (which my poor undistinguished ear can't hear, because I tend to listen for fun, not to nitpick--the exact opposite of the way I watch movies, haha), wait for some live audio. ZP's voice was degrading in recent years anyway. And that scream is undeniably Heiman-esque.

Finally: apparently, this guy was part of Aina. If he was good enough for Sascha Paeth, who are you to say otherwise? :)

EDIT: as for DF's songwriting, unlike SOME BANDS I COULD NAME KYSH, they know what they're damn good at and they continue to be good at it. Some bands are good at experimenting and doing a lot of different things, others just screw the pooch when they try. I can't see DF doing anything much different, and I'm glad they don't try too hard. (As long as they don't repeat Inhuman Rampage. :p)

I think Andi said it best, tough crowd!

To me, he sounds pretty good. Let's see what he's like performing live with the band and what the new Dragonforce album is like when it's released, then jump to conclusions yeah?

That being said, are the Vocals on his Audition Video for a new Dragonforce song(s)? If so, yeah, my expectations for this album have not been improved any!

What bands are you referring to? :lol:

edit: also, where do you see that Marc was a part of Aina? I don't see him credited anywhere on MA... Not to mention he'd only be 15-16 when Aina's album came out, and he apparently didn't start working on that until he was 16..

I just went with the Wikipedia page, but it could be a lie, or a different power-metal-singing-Marc Hudson, I guess? If I'm wrong, my bad.

Also, Kysh, about your disappointment with DF never changing... now you know how I feel when Sonata DOES. :)

Really cool to see the announcement with the promo pics and video. I already knew who they'd chosen as my brother works with Marc. From what he told me Marc is a really down to earth cool guy who really deserved this opportunity. personally i think he sounds awesome and i seem to be one of the only one's left who just accepts DragonForce for what they are... high energy music. It may sound similar but look at AC/DC.
I'll definitely be getting this one, it just seems so crazy that this happened to an ordinary guy at my brothers work, might even be able to get some stuff signed before he leaves :D
The best part is that Herman is going to be attending the work leaving doo haha

lol!

If dragonforce turns into another one of thoose emo bands or some techno shit i'm going to be really depressive.

And when it comes to the new singer, i'm still going to listen to them, still get their new album and all that...it may be good music but it'll never be the good old dragonforce...still not going to say too much before we hear the new materials

I'm (slightly) surprised so many people are hearing Marc's Voice than immediately reacting like "OMFG DRAGONFORKS NEVER BE ANY GOOD WITHOUT ZP!!!1!!!!!" (Immense exaggeration obviously!)

On the contrary, for me, I heard a few seconds of Marc's Voice and instantly thought "Hmm, sounds like a younger ZP!".

Maybe i've been to hard on the guy...Still i am going to miss zp, no doubt. Guess i should see this as i see it when Steve left Dragonforce...Instead of one awesome band we got two.

As i said before, Dragonforce wont be the same, but still it'll be really intresting to hear the new stuff...And here's a vid i found on YT

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess my problem is following your style vs. stagnation, the latter of which I think the Force is really coming close to if they haven't hit that mark already. :p

Concerning Vad... I really hope he doesn't use that DJ equipment he bought last year on the new album! I miss his look circa Valley of the Damned/Sonic Firestorm, when he was just another longhair :lol: