Between the Buried and Me - The Great Misdirect (2009)

Soundscape

Sep 16, 2002
Maplewood, MN
allmediareviews.blogspot.com
http://blogs.myspace.com/betweentheburiedandmeband

hello everyone... writing to update everyone on whats going on with us at the moment. we have FINISHED! tracking our new record and we are spending this week mixing/mastering and all that fun stuff. its hard to believe we've been recording for 5 weeks already. everything went really smooth and we are very confident in the fact that this is some of the best material we've ever created. can't wait for all of you to hear it! we have LOTS of footage from the studio that will hopefully be part of a special edition dvd that will come with the new record... we will also be posting some studio videos in the next few months. our touring plans are starting to come together and we'll be putting up dates tomorrow, so be sure and keep checking back for that info. below is the album's title and tracklist. more updates as they happen! hope everyone had a good weekend.

-tommy w/ BTBAM

"The Great Misdirect"

1. Mirrors

2. Obfuscation

3. Disease, Injury, Madness

4. Fossil Genera - A Feed from Cloud Mountain

5. Desert of Song

6. Swim to the Moon

OUT OCTOBER 27TH

I will check this out. I am still not totally sold on Between the Buried and Me simply because there's too much going on at all times. It's hard to memorize a single song! The first few times you hear it, it's pretty impressive and you're like "WOW!", but eventually it fades away.... We'll see with this one!

Easily my most anticipated album of the year.

I didn't think that they could top "The Silent Circus"...then they released "Alaska."
I didn't think they could top "Alaska"...then they released "Colors."
I hope the trend continues!

I will check this out. I am still not totally sold on Between the Buried and Me simply because there's too much going on at all times. It's hard to memorize a single song! The first few times you hear it, it's pretty impressive and you're like "WOW!", but eventually it fades away.... We'll see with this one!

Weird, 'cause I could probably sing the melodies to every song on Colors off the top of my head.

Here's to hoping this is another masterpiece! :kickass:

This.

Zod

Jamie King did produce it.

i have the entire album (the promo version with HILARIOUS voice-overs done by the band themselves) and the album RULES.

it's in my top 5 of the year already. simply amazing. they guys can really do no wrong.

Great to hear its awesome. Would you say this is more in the vein of Colors again, or a new direction? Trailer to me sounds like a mix of Colors and Alaska, leaning more towards Colors.

Great to hear its awesome. Would you say this is more in the vein of Colors again, or a new direction? Trailer to me sounds like a mix of Colors and Alaska, leaning more towards Colors.

well, its hard to say because i didn't really like Colors as much as i did Alaska.

i would have to judge it on it's own merit because they really pulled from so many different places on this one. there is an acoustic bluesy track. the first song is really mellow and a great intro to the album itself. there is a horse whinning (sp?) in there somewhere during a hoedown solo part. the final track is all over the place being 18 minutes and has great solo sections, etc. there really is no one like this band out there.

i really think tommy has come into his own vocally as well. not the greatest range, but he has really come a long way over the years and has mastered where he is comfortable singing. some obvious mike patton influence in there now, plus the band follows with crazy Mr. Bungle carnival music, etc.

for me BTBAM just create something interesting to listen to with each album. you either love an album or you don't.

and for me it's about time glenn extend a hand to them to come play at PP. they are weird and heavy at times but are truly pushing the boundaries of progressive music.

Description kinda sounds like Colors to me. Awesome, I rated Colors a perfect 5 of 5 on my RYM, so thats good to hear! :kickass:

I know what you mean about every album being filled with interesting stuff to listen to, though I wouldn't quite say they're pushing any boundaries. Seeing them at ProgPower would be too weird, I already had to SIT through their set at Progressive Nation. I don't want to see them again in an environment where I wouldn't be able to go absolutely apeshit.

Description kinda sounds like Colors to me. Awesome, I rated Colors a perfect 5 of 5 on my RYM, so thats good to hear! :kickass:

I know what you mean about every album being filled with interesting stuff to listen to, though I wouldn't quite say they're pushing any boundaries. Seeing them at ProgPower would be too weird, I already had to SIT through their set at Progressive Nation. I don't want to see them again in an environment where I wouldn't be able to go absolutely apeshit.

completely agree, they would have to rope off a pit area. would be nice for a change. sitting still gets old after awhile! i guess i am just used to high energy and fans sweating in my face when we perform.