between the buried and me

One of my favorite metal bands. Although a lot of it is technical sounding for the sake of it, they pull it off without sounding TOO indulgent most of the time (to me atleast) and throw in some great emotional parts. They are also great live and manage to pull everything off perfectly, which is very impressive.

I've seen them live a couple of times. They very good. It's a shame they get grouped into the hardcore/screamo/metalcore category. They're definetly Prog Metal.

didnt really like what ive heard. disjointed fusion of styles, didnt sound special to me. but ive only heard one song that a friend let me hear. it was around 10 mins i think.

Both "The Silent Circus" and "Alaska" are brilliant albums. Their self titled debut is pretty good as well. Their music to me sounds very "inspired" if you know what I mean. And they manage to be all over the place without sounding at all un-natural. A very talanted band for sure!

I really like these guys. The only reason people group them with "hardcore" or "screamo" (sorry, they're not screamo by any means) is the record label they're on. If they weren't on Victory Records to begin with, no one would be calling them "hardcore".

Great band!

They have a few parts here and there that are absolutely incredible (beginning of the title track of Alaska, for instance), but overall I don't really like them.

I honestly don't understand why they get grouped into any -core style of music. If you listen to Alaska all the way through, you can just tell that so many different influences went into that album. Perhaps some of their older stuff off self-titled could be considered an exception, but really, their music sounds nothing like -core music.

I enjoy their music, and they're all definately great musicians - tight as hell live.

I really like these guys. The only reason people group them with "hardcore" or "screamo" (sorry, they're not screamo by any means) is the record label they're on. If they weren't on Victory Records to begin with, no one would be calling them "hardcore".

Great band!

it's so true. and they can only tour with bands that are in the same scene as victory records bands.