Beyond Multiculturalism: Toward a New Paradigm of Diversity

Just calling 'em like I see 'em. If this leads you to believe I'm kissing ass, I can assure you, I can cope with the repercussions. C'est la vie.

Seems as as though you've taken The Greys's remark to heart. I'm touched and all, but I've yet to see anyone post the link to the original article.

Do you need the writer to explicitly differentiate between fact and opinion for you? Are you the least bit intuitive? Hell, in this case, the author tells you he does not have "overarching solutions." The word "suggestions" is used. Go away unless you have an argument to present in relation to the ideas expressed.

All you've done is attack the writer. Your points don't merit refutation because they're thinly-veiled ad hominems.

I took a look at the NS topic and you were generally non-contributory. I doubt anyone even noticed you posted until you fell all over yourself at an obviously trollish remark.

Don't worry about my comebacks; this will be the final one. I'm well aware that your goal is to derail this topic by starting a bitchfest over Planetary Eulogy's attitude.

PE comes across as a civilized individual until you ask him about his personal experience with Jews. Instead of answering (even if it is in the context of the topic), he will go into apeshit mode. So much for trying to discuss something marginally more interesting with him than his essays.

I pretty much agree with him on most of his essay. I dont see how two different cultures can ever become one. They have different truths, different ideals etc. For example, look at African American culture and White culture; different ideals, different cultural development--all of which make assimilation impossible. However I do think you are being a little harsh on the jews, white people, and our guilt, are to blame--not jews.

Planetary Eulogy said:
Based on the NS thread, I beg to differ. There are plenty of folks here interested in actual discussion of cultural topics.

Sounds like most people are arguing about your pompous attitude.

I think it is true that trying to merge different cultures together is not the right solution.
Every culture should try to safe its own ways of life, it's art and it's custom.
This does not mean that everybody has to stay in his country and hate everyone else - it just means that people should not assimiliate cultures of other people or be in turn assimilated by them - because that would lead to cultural loss and an even more uniform world.

About the rest of the topic i can only say:
Why don't you just reply to the topic or be silent? If, as you claim, the author indeed wants to stir up controversy you are just doing what he wants (and what you seem to despise). If on the other hand you are wrong, you are posting totally useless posts...

genocide roach said:
thats subject to debate i believe. he was one of those composers who sorta aided the cross over from classical to romantic. in all the classes ive taken, some say classical, some say romantic. all in all, it doesnt really matter.

and i happen to think he is a genius. one of my favorite composers
~gR~

No, this ISN'T a subject for debate. Wagner is the QUINTESSENTIAL Romantic.

Silent Song said:
i never said he's not smart. i said he's being an asshole about it :tickled:

and as for replies, i have been voicing opinions. i don't necessarily need to write a 10 page essay with words i looked up in a thesaurus and 2 pages of cited sources to rebutte an argument though. i have a freakin life, and i find it perfectly acceptable to (as i am doing right now) simply state in a paragraph or less my raw thoughts without overcomplicating them to sound intellectual.

No, but you do have to actually address the arguments that have been raised, which you have yet to do in this thread or any other.

So, how about either responding productively or stop cluttering up the fucking thread?

I note with amusement that the sub-simians in this thread have difficulty understanding how those of us who aren't hindered by a stunning lack of intellect can manage to write out our thoughts without needing to resort to the paste function.

speed said:
I pretty much agree with him on most of his essay. I dont see how two different cultures can ever become one. They have different truths, different ideals etc. For example, look at African American culture and White culture; different ideals, different cultural development--all of which make assimilation impossible. However I do think you are being a little harsh on the jews, white people, and our guilt, are to blame--not jews.

You made great points in the first part of you statement but would you care to explain the last? ("white people, and our guilt, are to blame--not jews")

Why on earth should we, as an entire race feel guilty, especially to the point of being subservient to them? Surly you don't buy into the moronic myth the they are God's chosen people as scribbled down in the great book of lies? And please try not to reply with the clichéd rant on the infamous actions of the Third Reich. Where you and officer of the SS or the Gestapo? Were indeed any of us here? No, so why should we feel indebted? Same with the entire farcical demands from the black community for "reparations". I was never a slave owner nor is anyone left alive in this country. These are scams on a massive scale created to fleece the general public (read: white America) into feelings of guilt and shame in order to get the upper hand in just about every aspect.
There is a gigantic conspiracy going on in the world, and especially the US, that greatly resembles the art of grifting and we are all their intended "marks". It's being done through both the media and the government. Not just television but movies, news papers, magazines, books, and yes music.
All as one has to do is consider just who is in charge in the vast majority of ALL of these media forms. Do some research. You all might be quite shocked and appalled at what you unearth.

speed said:
They have different truths, different ideals etc. For example, look at African American culture and White culture; different ideals, different cultural development--all of which make assimilation impossible.

No. It's certainly possible. Just difficult and improbable in the current generation.

Multiculturalism and globalization have been bastardized for the sake of benefit. However, the core ideal of a united world remains a goal of mine to see through to fruition.

I'm not talking about a world where everything is a boring gray. I'm talking about a world where it's a kaliedoscope. Not a separated pallet.

anonymousnick2001 said:
No. It's certainly possible. Just difficult and improbable in the current generation.

Multiculturalism and globalization have been bastardized for the sake of benefit. However, the core ideal of a united world remains a goal of mine to see through to fruition.

I'm not talking about a world where everything is a boring gray. I'm talking about a world where it's a kaliedoscope. Not a separated pallet.

LOL YES LET'S LIVE HAPPILY EVER AFTER. HAVE YOU EVER PLAYED WITH PAINT? NOTICE IF YOU MIX ALL THE COLOURS TOGETHER THEY BECOME ONE COLOUR.

Planetary Eulogy said:
No, this ISN'T a subject for debate. Wagner is the QUINTESSENTIAL Romantic.

yeah, because he started pretty much the entire era.

i still think mahler is better, but wagner is the most important because he pretty much was the creator. and being the creator of somthing means you had to start before then
~gR~

Nick: The idea that current society promotes requires doublethought (think Orwell) to seem possible, in that it requires us to accept two contradictory ideas - the preservation of various cultures and the people's respect of all cultures. One can't respect values in opposition to their own as well as preserving their own, they either adapt to an all-tolerating value system or they don't tolerate other cultures. The former leads to there being one single, new, dominant culture lacking in any sort of identity (inherently stagnant in that it ultimately doesn't allow for the preference of anything strong over anything weak), while the latter obviously defeats the idea that intolerance of other cultures is 'wrong', or indeed that different cultures can be mixed in consonance.