Biff about new "Lionheart" album

Still no sign of the album over here but you can already get some promo buttons...much like back in the 80s..:)

c6_1_b.JPG

So...I guess you could call it Innocence 'naked' huh:D

mmurnau said:
In actual fact I haven't heard it yet, I'm ordering it from this website too. However, I believe it is supposed to be heavier (yet contemporary) versions of songs from the Innocence album, "as it was supposed to sound" before the original producer made his mark on it.

I think the release of this has something to do with Graham Oliver, I think it was found in his archives. But it features Biff and Quinn in the lineup and is nothing to do with modern-day O/D Saxon per se.

Seen them on german ebay while looking for maybe a promo forward copy of Lionheart or anything similar...all that popped up was this button..:)

Does anyone hold any information what this Lionheart "special limited edition" CD set is all about??

According to amazon.de it is a single CD but the site doesn't hold any information what exactly is so special about it...Hope it's not one of this limited editions that hold the original CD including a guitar pick or a fake backstage pass, would rather see some extra tracks on it!

well i have to admit that i think "rock the nations" and "forever free" are prob the worst albums saxon have made. I loved everything they did upto nations and just thought it was a bit weak overall, but i really liked destiny despite the production. solid ball was just superb. forever free ( i just wanna make love to you!????????!!!!!!!!!!) i'd rather not comment on. Dogs was good, unleash was better and metalhead now replaces power and the glory as my fav all time saxon opus. killing ground kept the standard up and i really cant wait for Lionheart to be released i am so excited i cant believe it myself. well this wasnt meant to be a critique of saxons past albums but thats how it turned out. oh well.

I'm having a few problems finding out what this Lionheart Ltd Edition CD is whilst surfing the Net. There does not appear to be any news out there as of yet.
Pangalatic - Some nice justified opinions. 'Dogs' did seem to be the precursor for what was to become - to me 'Unleash', 'MetalHead' & 'Killing Ground' are all from the same fantastic mould; you just cannot seperate them in quality! But I have to disagree with your view on 'Forever Free'. I don't feel that it is as good as 'Dogs' and I know Biff had some issues about the album regarding the production. But I think 'Forever Free', 'Hole In The Sky' and 'Iron Wheels' are classic Saxoon tracks. 'Get Down & Dirty' and 'Can't Stop Rockin'' are great fun - they make me think of how Bon Scott would've sounded it he was still around. I agree that 'Just Wanna Make Love To You' was a unneeded track, but surely 'NightHhunter' makes up for this in sheer originality!

For me, 'Forever Free' is by far the worst Saxon album. I think 'Destiny' pisses all over it, and that is saying something! The tracks 'Forever Free' and 'Iron wheels' are good tracks, but the rest are very poor. A definite low point for Saxon, and it could only get better after this album. And as we all know, it did!

I suppose we have to agree to disagree on this, Paxoman. However, it's good to see that the band have provided us fans with such differing opinions - that has to be a sign of depth!
I didn't know, until now, that 'Forever Free' had its critics. I always perceived it as a weaker version of 'Solid Ball'. The songs aren't as strong, but they were mostly fun.
Personally, I can't compare 'Destiny' with 'Forver Free'. You all know my feelings on that album. To me it wasn't just the production, but also the songs themselves. Most of 'em just didn't do it for me.
Anyhoo, judging by the last few albums, we don't have to worry about not enjoying 'LionHeart'! Unlike so many other bands, Saxon survived the Eighties and sound better than ever!

Yeah - 'Can't Stop Rockin' is great fun! A real rocker! The lyrics are typical Rock 'n Roll, but the dual guitars work so well on the riffs - Very AC/DC. No matter what anyone says, Graham and Paul had a great relationship in the guitar department!

I am a bit of a RTN fan I'm not sure why I think it was the build up that Tommy Vance did.He did a great intaveiw with Biff and the played a couple of tracks the tittle track and waiting for the night which I think is one of the Saxon singles ever.As for the album whose name I shall not utter and forever free they 2 of the biggest let downs ever.But what has happened since is nothing short of remarkable.

I'd have loved to heard that Tommy Vance interview! Nice one, Wilks! I wonder if there is a transcript of that review somewhere?
I presume the unmentionable album begins with a 'D', eh? However, I am glad to see that the band have been diverse enough in their music so that hardcore fans have extreme views on it and stuff. At least Biff and the boys can't be accused of producing the same stuff year in, year out, like some bands.
I also love the title track to RTN. Pure class Rock!
As for 'Waiting For The Night' - I really did not like it very much at first (I usually skipped it on the CD), but after seeing it a fair few times on the video anthology, it kind of grew on me. It's still not my favourite Saxon song by a mile but, I agree with Wilks, that it was an excellent single. If Bon Jovi or Def Leppard had done the track, it would have been a huge hit!
My favourite thing about RTN, though, is Glockler's performance. It has a really beefy, live drum sound and the stuff he does (particularly in 'Northern Lady') improves the songs ten-fold.
I must admit, 'Party Till You Puke' was more like B-side material. Bloody Elton John!

I will admit that the title track for RTN is a fantastic song, so is northern lady but i think the rest of the album was a real let down. For some reason that i cant explain though, Destiny really worked for me in a big way. song for emma, ride like the wind, s.o.s and red alert are my highlights. And lets not forget without calm before the storm there would be no iron wheels, which along with forever free are the only two tracks from the forever free album that i can listen to. but as they say its horse's for courses and any of the tracks from any album when performed live have me singing my heart out unconditionally.

You're right on that - All the songs would probably sound excellent live!
I have to admit, I do really like 'Ride Like The Wind', although it is not a popular Saxon song over here in the UK. To me, the song brings up all the stuff that was good at the time - there was not too much good stuff for me, but this song kind of reminds me of the better side of that period of time.
And you are so right about 'Calm Before The Storm' - I'm trying to think of anothger artist that decided to re-use the lyrics to a better effect, but I can't think of one. It's obvious that Biff had these lyrics around for a while and wanted to use them. 'Calm Before The Storm' is a good enough tune, but it wasn't really a personal song. When Biff had the opportunity to give the words more justification - with 'Iron Wheels' - he went for it.
I reckon 'Destiny' is too much of an easy target for many fans in regard to the least favourite Saxon album.
Now, if I had to decide my least favourite from Metal Head, Unleash and Killing Ground that would be a tough dilemma! Hopefully, with LionHeart, this decision is going to get tougher!