Biffs Old Haunt

saxon747rock

Oct 19, 2003
york
Visit site
When Biff lived in lincolnshire a few years ago or whatever, Does anybody no where abouts in lincolnshire it was exactly ?

I heard that there was a pub close by called the marshall arms run by the ex road racer roger marshall, but when i did a search for pubs under that name in lincolnshire nothing came up.

saxon747rock said:
When Biff lived in lincolnshire a few years ago or whatever, Does anybody no where abouts in lincolnshire it was exactly ?

I heard that there was a pub close by called the marshall arms run by the ex road racer roger marshall, but when i did a search for pubs under that name in lincolnshire nothing came up.
Not exactly but i heard it was in the Boston area,if that's any help.

Mr Saxon747 - It's pretty likely that the pub has changed names a few times since Biff's younger days!! You know what these bloody theme bars do to tradition these days!!
If you are really keen to know, though, I'm currently sorting out Licensing Law (for pubs, clubs etc) in Gloucester for the City Council, so I could probably find a contact in Lincolnshire who could provide the answer.

I can't say im a 'theme bar' fan myself....Unless its a 'Metal' theme.....which usually means scruffy bikers pub...only food on offer: Bacon 'butty' extra grease!!!

Valanx -
HA! You are so right! As far as I'm concerned a 'Theme' Bar is a 'Tacky' Bar! Besides, they only stay in business for about 6 months because people get bored of them so quickly!
It's a sad thing to say that the 'Bikers' pub is fading out - places like that just can't compete with the big Weatherspoons, Brewsters etc when it comes to the price of a pint. It's a sad thing, because I love those kind of pubs - always good for a laugh, full of characters and NO trouble!
The Bikers pub, here in Cheltenham, was converted to a fairly decent late-night drinking spot about 5 years ago. It's a shame.
My local - for when I want to chill out after a hard day - is OK. It gets all the local tradesmen in there - Builders, Carpenters and the like. They seem to be the main punters. It's the best I can get to going for a pleasant drink without being annoyed by Townies, Yuppies or Boy-Racers! Also - it is a great way to obtain DIY advice for free when you need it!!

Ok.... I think Biff lived in Sleaford.

His ex-wife (Christine???) used to run a Hairdressers in Horncastle (14, St Lawrence Street). I think it was 1 of 2 shops they had, and Gold / Silver disks were up on the wall in there.

... But I'm pretty sure he lived in Sleaford.

... oops, just remembered, I think the shop was called Sebastions of Sleaford as well.

MatRattz said:
Ok.... I think Biff lived in Sleaford.

His ex-wife (Christine???) used to run a Hairdressers in Horncastle (14, St Lawrence Street). I think it was 1 of 2 shops they had, and Gold / Silver disks were up on the wall in there.

... But I'm pretty sure he lived in Sleaford.

... oops, just remembered, I think the shop was called Sebastions of Sleaford as well.

Matrattz - Wow! You've got a decent memory and some nice info there! Thanks - I'm gonna have to check all this stuff out!

saxon747rock said:

Hes had a few properties around Lincolnshire over the years. I cannot remember the place near Marshall Arms pub, but seem to think it was near Cadwell Park race track. I know of 3 other places hes lived locally also.

Why do you want to know the infos?

cheers mat, There was an interview with saxon once think it was in metal hammer years ago and they had a pic of saxon in the marshall arms pub and said it was biffs local so now that he has moved thought it would be cool to check it out and have a ride down there and maybe see where he used to live get a few pics and slap em in me saxon collection of pics and interviews and stuff ive got a couple of pics of me with biff a couple from redcar and Bridlington so be shit hot to put different things of saxon to my collection so i guess thats the reason why cigs.

let me set the record straight for you guys....if youve got a few hours to kill. Biff has had more addresses than Ronald Biggs! The old Vicarage at Wainfleet. Irby House in Boston. The manor house in Leasingham,a cottage in Newton, another house in irby street in Boston a stone house in Woolsthorpe a rented house in Old Leake a rented house in Sleaford..are you keepin up so far? A cottage in Benington and finally before goin to France, a place in Holbeach!.....Does that answer your question?!

Gedski - Ummmm..... Yeah, kind of.... but not quite, you know?

How about the postcodes as well?
And a print out from 'Multimap' or something would be just great...

Of course, I'm joking... Or am I....?

good idea nighwar im just looking up the places on the net at the mo, seen as biff is not livin in these places anymore theres no invasion of privacy so id like just to have a look at these places in lincolnshire.

nightwar said:
Gedski - Ummmm..... Yeah, kind of.... but not quite, you know?

How about the postcodes as well?
And a print out from 'Multimap' or something would be just great...

Of course, I'm joking... Or am I....?
nightwar...sorry its not more precise..ya know like "How many bricks were in each of his houses" and stuff like that but I hope its given you a bit of an insight...hold up, gimme a couple of mins and I'll get back to ya on that..think ive just remembered

LOL!

I would prefer the address details to be a little more specific - example: Building Plans (1:100 scale), the Electoral Poll names list for the building (over the last decade) and regular weather forecasts!!

I'm only joking, honest!!

Seriously, though, Saxonfan is obviously working on something and is looking for information.
As some of you know, I'm plodding through a writing project about Saxon and details such as this can actually be very helpful. If anything, photographs are the one thing I have not got enough of so far. Nothing that decent anyway!
So, Saxonfan, if you come up with anything juicy, I will be the first demanding to know! Keep us informed, Mate!

Now... what were we asking..? Oh, yeah, how many bricks were in that house Biff used to live in....!!!

Dear Sir
Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding The Marshall Arms which was
run by Roger Marshall. This public house is in the village of Scamblesby
which is between Horncastle and the Cadwell Park racing circuit and is
situated at the side of the A153. It may have reverted to its old name
of the Green Man or may be known by another name as Roger Marshall has
now retired. I hope this information is of use to you

Yours

Sue Richardson
Senior Library & Information Advisor

This pub featured in metal hammer magazine a pick of saxon in it when graham whats his name was in it.