Big 4 Poll

Best Big 4 Band

• Total voters
No, it really really is.

I'm one of the biggest metal fans you'll ever come across yet I don't make everyone else in the thrash scene look retarded by acting like a fucking retard like Slayer fans and Slipknot fans do.

Big Cat, have you actually been to a Slayer show? If you have, you'll know exactly where I'm coming from If not, then you won't get it. You never get Megadeth or Judas Priest fans acting liek Slayer fans do (for example).

That's bullshit, I have seen plenty of fans that act like their band is the best and everything else is shit and can't compare. Any fan can be as bad as a crack addict. There's no rule that says only Slayer fans or Slipknot fans can be assholes. I mean hell we're both doing it right now with another argument about which metalhead is wrong and which one is right. Metallica fans do it all the fucking time, same with Megadeth, same with Slayer, same with Pantera, Iron Maiden, Priest, Sabbath, Trivium. All of this "Metal X is better than your Metal Y crap" comes from every metalhead.

That's bullshit, I have seen plenty of fans that act like their band is the best and everything else is shit and can't compare. Any fan can be as bad as a crack addict. There's no rule that says only Slayer fans or Slipknot fans can be assholes. I mean hell we're both doing it right now with another argument about which metalhead is wrong and which one is right. Metallica fans do it all the fucking time, same with Megadeth, same with Slayer, same with Pantera, Iron Maiden, Priest, Sabbath, Trivium. All of this "Metal X is better than your Metal Y crap" comes from every metalhead.

Truth an one of the few people who talk sense here an not elitist bollocks

All of this "Metal X is better than your Metal Y crap" comes from every metalhead.

You missed the fucking point, AGAIN. Trying to explain stuff to some people on here is like trying to teach a baby algebra, I can't even bother trying anymore. All I can say on the matter is, watch the Warfield DVD. If you still don't get what I'm saying after that then seriously, shoot yourself because you're blind and deaf.

Oh and vMETALLICAv I wasn't pullign an 'elitist bollocks' rant, I was actually making a rather valid point. But since you're a cunt, your head is too far up your ass to even try and understand what I was saying. Go crywank over Master of Puppets and stop trying to be cool and well 'ard over the internet.

You missed the fucking point, AGAIN. Trying to explain stuff to some people on here is like trying to teach a baby algebra, I can't even bother trying anymore. All I can say on the matter is, watch the Warfield DVD. If you still don't get what I'm saying after that then seriously, shoot yourself because you're blind and deaf.

Oh and vMETALLICAv I wasn't pullign an 'elitist bollocks' rant, I was actually making a rather valid point. But since you're a cunt, your head is too far up your ass to even try and understand what I was saying. Go crywank over Master of Puppets and stop trying to be cool and well 'ard over the internet.

who said i was talking about? gawd bit paranoid aren't ya

Relax guys, its only the internet!

Seriously though lets not get bogged down in insults or arguments, this forum has been underpopulated and polite enough not to need any moderation thus far, don't break it.

Difference with Motorhead though is that Motorhead have made consecutively good albums. Slayer have gotten better rceetly (GHUA and CI were pretty decent) but their style is far too samey. Motorhead only sound like Motorhead.

And Slayer only sound like Slayer. You are just contradicting yourself here Dave. Motorhead had a not so great period too. Most bands do, its just the way the industry goes. Slayer aren't a bad band by any means and they aren't the greatest band ever (try telling that to their fans, which is I think part of the point Dave is trying to make but some folk aren't reading properly.)
But they are an essential band which means metal wouldn't be quite where it is without them.

I agree with Ocelot in every single way on this. Yeah some Slayer fans are extreme, like the SLAAAAAAAAYERRRRR video, however...

Oh and Dave, chill a bit jeeze. :erk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't get me started on those hadcore Slayer fans, they give metal fans a bad name. Almost as much as Slipknot and mallcore fans do.

From seeing both bands live, I can definately say the Slipknot fans arent really the way people perceive them, I am a huge fucking Slipknot fan, 8 years and counting, but I do not act like a typical Slipknot fan, we don't all go around calling ourselves 'magg0tz' and wearing the masks, however, some do and that's their choice, they should not be judged for that.

I don't appreciate Slayer fans who decide that during every band they watch live they should scream "SLAYHUUUUR" and decide people aren't "metal" enough which was the case with me, that has never happened at any other gig I've been to, even Slipknot where I was wearing a vest top and cammo shorts, looking typically "scene", yet Slayer fans seem to think they can take opinion over someone's personal choice? ugh good lord.

Sorry about the rant, I get annoyed when shit like that happens.

I still don't get the difference between people shouting "SLAYER" or "SABBATH" or "MANIC STREET PREACHERS"

Hence why they are fans. Every band has their elitist assholes. I'm a fan of Slayer.

Seems some people understand what I was getting at, some still don't. Shameful..

Sorry to fly off the rails like that every so often, but I get so fucking frustrated when people don't actually take their time to read whats been said. I hate dealing with idiots more than anything and thats how some people come across, especially when they completely miss the point of your post.