Biggest Musical Disapointment

Lykathea Aflame- Elvenfris (Interesting concept/ideas.... but to me, the music came together poorly and the extremely monotonous gutteral growls really killed it even further)

Nokturnal Mortum- Nechrist (I like everything else they've done, but I just don't know about this one... whether it was on purpose or not, I recall the folk/nature parts sounding poorly integrated... I may have to give another try sometime because strangely enough I had no problem with it the first couple listens)

Nocturnus- The Key (I still consider this above-average but nowhere nearly as good as Atheist or Afflicted like I thought it was gonna be... a bit too chorus-heavy and the shredding has a tendency to get boring)

, and for the most part, Maudlin of the Well too.

Battlelore - Evernight (Good for Insomnia)
Sepultura - Roots (From Thrash to Mallcore...Brilliant!)

EDIT: I might also add Pain of Salvation's 'Scarsick' to the list. It wasn't a total waste of time, but on the other hand, it wasn't great either. Not as good as their earlier stuff.

Sepultura-chaos A.D. I can't believe the same band released beneath the remains,arise and schizophrenia.

Slayer-Diabolus In Musica,God Hates Us All,Christ Illusion. What is this crap ?

Morbid Angel-gateways to annihilation,heretic.

Immortal-blizzard beasts. All Immortal sounds very great and this album is just leaving me stumped.

Edge of Sanity-Cryptic, EoS went about recording an album without dan swano!!!!!. WORST ALBUM EVER

Unleashed- Warrior

Soilwork - Figure Number Five

Soilwork was my favorite band when this came out. i remember listening to it for the first time and not even making it through half of the cd.
Indeed, it severely sucked. Bump in the road for soilwork though because everything after it is good.

Indeed, it severely sucked. Bump in the road for soilwork though because everything after it is good.

After a predators portrait soilwork sucked, this is actually the only really good soilwork album.

Metallica-load,re-load. what the hell?

These albums are for trash of the south!

Sepultura-chaos A.D. I can't believe the same band released beneath the remains,arise and schizophrenia.

Slayer-Diabolus In Musica,God Hates Us All,Christ Illusion. What is this crap ?

Morbid Angel-gateways to annihilation,heretic.

Immortal-blizzard beasts. All Immortal sounds very great and this album is just leaving me stumped.

Edge of Sanity-Cryptic, EoS went about recording an album without dan swano!!!!!. WORST ALBUM EVER

Unleashed- Warrior

I agree with all except "Christ Illusion". Isn´t a masterpiece but it´s Ok and far better than "Diabolus in Musica" and "God hates us all".

Specially about Edge Of Sanity. Look what mighty Swano did alone in "Crimson II" and what "the rest" did in "crappy"... sorry... in "Cryptic".

A couple more:

Nuclear Assault: Third World Genocide.. a pain in the ass.

In Flames: Reroute 2 remain and Soundtrack to your escape... are they really the same band that recorded "Subterranean" "The Jester´s race" and "Lunar strain"?

Entombed: "To ride shoot..." and "Same difference" After them, at least they were mediocre but got any good songs.

Rotting Christ's "Genesis" just didn't cut it for me. Not actually that bad, but still quite unappealing to my ears.

Lacrimas Profundere after "Burning: A Wish"

Pungent Stench-"Ampeauty"...again, not really bad, but bored the crap out of me.

Entombed: "To ride shoot..." and "Same difference" After them, at least they were mediocre but got any good songs.

This one really got to me. I'd gone a good while without checking out anything new by them after Wolverine Blues, and when a friend played Same Difference for me a year or so after it came out, I was just kinda like "What the fuck?" Yeah, I know lots of people already lament the changes they'd made by WB, but I actually enjoyed that album, even if not as much as, say, Left Hand Path. They did alright when reverting back to that sound too. It's just that the last few records of theirs are pretty interchangeable.