Biggest PP regrets

I can't believe I forgot about PP II. That had so many smaller bands that I doubt will resurface. Angel Dust, Balance Of Power, Ark, Steel Prophet. It's always the smaller bands that are the most missed. For the most part you can catch the headliners on a tour here and there. But those little bands, you miss em at PP and you're kind of fucked.

My biggest regrets, not knowing who the hell Dan Swano was when I saw Nightingale and regret not getting to meet him, being a huge Swano fan now. Second regret, not knowing Ark's burn the sun album before i saw them perform, so I would know the material better while they blew me away. Thirdly, missing PoS much talked about set at PP1, only finding out about the festival after the first one had occurred.

trusting someone else to drive to prog power

i missed pyramaze, and to top it off on the way home she took a wrong turn and drove us about 3 states in the opposite direction!

she made a 6 hour trip into a 16

trusting someone else to drive to prog power

i missed pyramaze, and to top it off on the way home she took a wrong turn and drove us about 3 states in the opposite direction!

she made a 6 hour trip into a 16

Lol... what 3 states were they? That can certainly make a difference, lol.

But how did you go that far off course, though? I mean, I've made wrong turns before, and it always becomes fairly obvious within a few miles...

I have only attended PP since VII and didn't know it existed prior to then and therefore listing regrets about missed bands/PPs is a moot point for me. However, during VII I had to spend a portion of my free time working in the hotel room to prepare for a business trip that started immediately afterward. I guess missing out on most of the extra-curricular activities that first year is my only regret so far. I don't think Hell or High Water could keep me away now. :lol:

I've been going since III. I've had a gold badge since V.

Really, I have no PP regrets, other than:

* Not finding out about it until III, although I wasn't much of a festival traveler before that, and it took the magnitude of the III lineup to get me there.

* Oversleeping and missing my plane for PP V after trying to sleep for 1 hr.

Those really aren't direct PP regrets. I love the fest and just hope that the dreaded family functions never come up at the same time.

Steve in Philly

the first year i learned about it was in 2004, so didnt make it til 2005.
still really wanted to see brainstorm and tad morose the most, (along with kamelot, edguy, etc).
but especially since now i wont ever be able to see tad morose, (the lineup i grew up on and loved anyways).
though thats more of a regret of not knowing about it until that year, i wouldve never missed that if i had already been to one.

I went to PP6 mainly to see Angra and Stratovarius. Problem was, I got a poor night's sleep both nights and by the time they came on at around midnight both nights, I was having trouble staying awake. Pretty remarkable to be falling asleep at a metal show with your favorite bands playing.

None. I would have liked to have seen a couple of last year's Saturday bands,
but there was a birthday dinner we got invited to, It rocked and I would not trade that experience for the world, nor will I EVER forget it......:headbang:

No regrets. Missed PPI, but have now seen the bands I missed that year anyway (at least the ones that I wanted to see). So have now been going since PPII and will continue to attend every year!

Let's see...

- Missing PPIV thanks to my ex-girlfriend's brother bailing on me last minute (I didn't have the balls to drive from CT by myself).
- Missing most of Brainstorm's set at PPV.
- Missing most of Wuthering Heights' set at PPV.
- Missing most of Therion's set at PPVI.

My only regret is not being taller and missing a lot of what went on at PPUSA 1, including PoS. Not every performer is a Tom Englund. Now that I'm no longer on the video crew, I'm exercising my newly found right to miss bands as I choose. No regrets so far.