Do you have any regrets from this year's PP

-- Not meeting quite a few people from this forum (notably Barking Pumpkin)

-- Not seeing the QR performance after the pre-party...damnit, where was I?

-- Not getting to go to the SeismicRadio luncheon on Saturday afternoon, the first one I've missed in years. I had a good excuse (namely Therion), but still....

-- Not getting to see Symphorce's set, or at least, not much of it

-- Not getting to Stratovarius' show until after it was well underway, so my pics kinda suck.

-- Not getting to say goodbye to a large number of my own 'posse' (BenMech, DrMetal, Mosquito, Aki, and some others) on Sunday morning. It made the whole day seem a bit emptier

-- Not having any room left on the SD card, or any battery power either, in my camera toward the end of the PP 6.1 shenanigans. I missed getting some fun songs. :(

-- Not getting to say goodbye to all of Therion backstage before they left. They came, they kicked our asses, they left. At least I got to talk to some of 'em afterward, but they were outta there fairly quick. The road goes ever on and on....

Thanks for creating the topic, BTW. I was just about to do it m'self. :)

Pellaz said:
-- Not getting to say goodbye to a large number of my own 'posse' (BenMech, DrMetal, Mosquito, Aki, and some others) on Sunday morning. It made the whole day seem a bit emptier

Yeah, I'm regretting a bit that I didn't try harder to find some people I wanted to say goodbye to (like by hanging more at the Residence Inn lobby on Sunday, at least I did get to say goodbye to quite a few people that way though). Paul I tried to find you from your hotel room (well, both of them) around 11am on Sunday, guess I was too late.. oh and I also regret I didn't say thanks to you in person for all the car rides, thanks so much dude!

not getting to make it this year which would have been 3 years in a row so stop your whining people:Spin: I can't believe I missed 2 OL sets and the chance to see some power metal fans that have the stereotypical " it is time to give up the long hair when you only have a few strands up there" haircuto_O

I look forward to getting back there in the future.:wave: :headbang:

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Lord only knows I do. Well to start off this was my first PP. The Pre-party ticket said 5:30, but we didnt get in til like 6:00, so I fgured the next day would be the same. So I arrived at 5:20 and decided to do some shopping not thinking that Manticora would go on anytime before 6:00, little did I know. Manticora was one of the reasons I went to the fricking concert and I god damn mother fucking missed them (sorry for the profanity), but it just pissed me off so badly.

I share your pain there wholeheartedly. Manticora was the number 1 band I was interested in seeing. And not planning for rush hour traffic and the confusion that 5:30 was doors time and not show time, caused me to arrive there JUST AS THE AUDITORIUM WAS EMPTYING OUT!
...There's the 9th deadly sin :hotjump:

Not having enough energy to make it to the karaoke jam Thursday night.

Not having enough energy to make it to the afterparties!

Missing out on a few songs of Stride, Circus Maximus, Therion, and Angra. Damn cool people... why did I have to meet and talk to so many cool people!?!?

Drinking a bit too much and being super-tired by Stratovarius' set. And then "hunting high and low" for my drunk-ass friend!

Not coming in on Wednesday like usual and having enough time for everything outside of the events.

I regret getting there late on both days missing at least 3-4 bands total.

I regretted not remember some I met last year and not being more friendly.

I regret not putting more support in my corset, but it was the first one I made, so next time I'll know better.

I regret not being able to get a Drumstick for my son this year... but the CM CD signed about had him in tears.

I regret not checking the GB Winners list.

I regret having to leave.

I DO NOT REGRET:

Hanging out with friends

Meeting new ones

Joking around with those who let me

Pulling my shennagins

Buying the CD's I did.

Watching Therion and Angra

Bringing KICK ASS insoles.

-MetalRose

Not having enough energy to make it to the karaoke jam Thursday night.

Not having enough energy to make it to the afterparties!

you guys certainly had a shitload of energy at the pre-party... what happened? Drink Red Bull... "eet geeves you WEEENGS, laddie..."

1. Drinking too much at PP and not making it to see that Queensryche chic and Bryant and Shaye doing Stevie Nicks after the pre party.
2. Again, too much at PP and not remembering meeting my fave smartass Whisperer.
3. Not saying goodbye to people.
4. Planning too much crap the last too months so not having the money to buy stuff.

But I guess after seeing TattooedSean did not even go.... I am glad to have regrets... :) I missed ya Sean.

Colleen: I think the jaeger was just the straw that broke the camel's back, so to speak. ;)

Me, I actually don't regret anything this year. I hung out with all the people I wanted to see, there wasn't any drama, I got my ass kicked by Orphaned Land, and I didn't catch the ProgPowerPlague. Made for a great festival.

Hey! I didn't get sick (so far) either! Cool!

I probably had lots of antibodies* in me already, 'cause I got sick after Dragon*Con two weeks before PP.

-=-=-=-=-=-
* say it with me like Kirk says it in the old Star Trek: "ANN. TEE. BAHH. DEES!"

Oh boy.. this was my first Progpower too!! My regrets was not bringing any CDs to sign. And of course, bringing the worse camera even though I knew the thing has bad quality and doesn't work worth of $@%@. Woo, I met Khan, and the pictures barely came out!

I guess I can look on the bright side, I'll hopefully meet him again when Kamelot plays Florida. I regret also missing Outworld (though we were just arriving to our hotels), Manticora and Circus Maximus, I got carried away with all the cds in the merch sections!

Oops.. one more thing, I regret not running up to Timo when my friend saw him.. like a crazy fan. :erk:

hahaha!! This is true!!! My friend came close to that. I think soon I will be sure to buy a new cam. :D I can't wait till next year!!