Black/Death Metal

WhiteBeastofWotan

Apostitutes!
May 22, 2003
Philly
Visit site
So I recently received Arkhon Infaustus - Perdition Insanabilis (Arse Magma rules :kickass:), and I dig it quite a bit. what are other good blackened death metal/ deathy black metal bands?

man i like both death metal and black metal but i've always thought combining the two takes much of the excitement out of both styles

that said, aeternus is pretty good

Thats generally been my sentiment as well. Especially since most seem to be overly produced dribble. But certainly there must be a handful of bands, like Aeternus and Arkhon Infaustus, that do it well?

im one of a few that enjoy akercocke. their album Choronzon is very good. i also like Behemoth's Satanica

hate forest's Battlefields is really good.

but yeah, aeternus takes the cake.

Tell me your thoughts on Bestial Warlust.

mostly unlistenable but great fun for the most part. But if you're going for this type of shit I'd direct you to Proclamation and, as stated above, Blasphemophagher, who both released intense albums last year. But it's not "really" what I understand by Black/Death metal. Aeternus' Shadows of Old would be my favourite album fitting the starting description.

So recently ive been diggin bands like Manticore, Abhorer, etc., basically the whole raw black/death style that you'd find on Hells Headbangers. Any recommendations based on that?