BLACK METAL ARHHHHGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

ElPredicador said:
I'm not going to talk about this one, I hope it's a joke

I wish it was...if you don't think some churches are corrupt and take money from the congregation to use for their own personal gain you are quite naive. I noticed you're from Chile so I don't know if you have people similar to this, but we have whats called televangelists in the US, basically preachers going on TV, telling people god will answer their prayers if they send money in. Or they go around and pretend to heal people so that people will give them money...its all a sham. These are corrupt and manipulative people that are abusing the devotion, faith, and naivety (...or stupidity?) of others.

As for the Lovecraft quote, it basically just means those who think differently or more radically than others are often condemned because everyone else is too blind to see things differently.

Silent Song said:
i hate math.

but The Tangent is a killer band.

aw come on, its not that bad once you get to know it really, really, really well if you know what I mean "wink" "wink".

HIJACK HIJACK HIJACK

which is better math or english?

Yngvai X said:
I wish it was...if you don't think some churches are corrupt and take money from the congregation to use for their own personal gain you are quite naive. I noticed you're from Chile so I don't know if you have people similar to this, but we have whats called televangelists in the US, basically preachers going on TV, telling people god will answer their prayers if they send money in. Or they go around and pretend to heal people so that people will give them money...its all a sham. These are corrupt and manipulative people that are abusing the devotion, faith, and naivety (...or stupidity?) of others.
Yeah, I know everywhere there is corrupt people, but the problem is usually people assume that because one is corrupt, all are. I remember a short while ago here there was a controversy because it was found that a certain priest was pedophile, and all of a sudden all priests were pedophile in public opinion.
As for the Lovecraft quote, it basically just means those who think differently or more radically than others are often condemned because everyone else is too blind to see things differently.
True. However, the inverse is also true.

ElPredicador said:
Yeah, I know everywhere there is corrupt people, but the problem is usually people assume that because one is corrupt, all are. I remember a short while ago here there was a controversy because it was found that a certain priest was pedophile, and all of a sudden all priests were pedophile in public opinion.

True. However, the inverse is also true.

You are right at both those accounts...but in my situation I look at a religion and atleast have a background knowledge of what it is based on before I start saying shit about it. I know what you mean, but there was more than just one priest...apparently (I never really looked into it) but there are several accounts of molestations, I am pretty sure I am right about that though. And yeah, there are priests that use money for personal gain, but not all of them. But there are alot of Churches where I am that are is almost like a fuckin' corporate industry and it really ridiculous, I am not saying it is necessarily evil, but it is very annoying. Alot of Churches in Houston expect people to give 40% of their income to the church..just so they can add a fucking indoor swimming pool, sauna, and a basketball court. :erk: It pisses me off alot. And alot of the small churches are the type of people who will say if you question religion at all you go to hell, and preach about how you are going to hell if you do this and that and that just seems like a scare tactic to me more than trying to get someone to better themselves. Damn that was one hell of a run-on sentence! o_O

Yeah, I agree that there is a lot of people that is corrupt, and the problem is that it is difficult to draw a line to what is acceptable and what isn't.
On another subject, I'm a bit shocked about someone asking for 40% of their income. That's just... I can't find the word. In my country (Chile, as Yngvai noticed :)) the church asks for only 1% of your income.
As for the people that tell you to go to hell (or that you will, anyway ;)), I just find it's better to ignore them, and if they get too annoying, I just say "well, ok, I'll try", and then run away as fast as possible:heh:

ElPredicador said:
Yeah, I agree that there is a lot of people that is corrupt, and the problem is that it is difficult to draw a line to what is acceptable and what isn't.
On another subject, I'm a bit shocked about someone asking for 40% of their income. That's just... I can't find the word. In my country (Chile, as Yngvai noticed :)) the church asks for only 1% of your income.
As for the people that tell you to go to hell (or that you will, anyway ;)), I just find it's better to ignore them, and if they get too annoying, I just say "well, ok, I'll try", and then run away as fast as possible:heh:

At one of the churches in Houston (if you want to call it a church, it is more like a scam center) they ask 40% of your income, which is alot, and they buy stupid stuff with it, they don't bother helping people with it :erk:

dargormudshark said:
At one of the churches in Houston (if you want to call it a church, it is more like a scam center) they ask 40% of your income, which is alot, and they buy stupid stuff with it, they don't bother helping people with it :erk:
That really sucks... when people just don't think about it, things like this happen.

dargormudshark said:
I think it is funny how two different topics are being discussed at once..hehehe

ok, heres the deal, it used to be that I meant this thread to be a serious disscussion, but now, all I care about is making this the longest thread in SX messageboard history.

so, from this point on I wont be seriously disscusing anything, because i dont care anymore, ill just leave the religious discussion to silent song and that other guy with that one avatar.

so keep it coming with the random comments folks before Jax shuts it down

1000 POSTS FOREVER MAN!!!!!!!!! :headbang:

dargormudshark said:

DAMNIT!!!!!!!! you figured out my scam!!!!!!!! oh well theres always the pyramid scheme.

wayne the goblin/robot said:
ok, heres the deal, it used to be that I meant this thread to be a serious disscussion, but now, all I care about is making this the longest thread in SX messageboard history.

so, from this point on I wont be seriously disscusing anything, because i dont care anymore, ill just leave the religious discussion to silent song and that other guy with that one avatar.

so keep it coming with the random comments folks before Jax shuts it down

1000 POSTS FOREVER MAN!!!!!!!!! :headbang:
You've got a lot of work ahead... I remember the official off topic thread had over 1337 posts (it showed how 1337 we were :loco:)