BLACK METAL ARHHHHGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

of course Rose Immortal you should not hate Arcturus just becuase of hellhammer. Because, they are an excellent prog metal band, that should be at least given a chance.

wayne the goblin/robot said:
of course Rose Immortal you should not hate Arcturus just becuase of hellhammer. Because, they are an excellent prog metal band, that should be at least given a chance.

I can't hate something I haven't heard...but I would have my reservations about any money I spend going to someone who set fire to houses of worship.

As for Ihsahn...I've heard him sing on a song by Peccatum, and he isn't bad at all. I admit I don't care for black-metal lyrics, but Peccatum seems a bit different from that sort of stuff. Who knows...if I find an album of theirs I might be tempted to buy it...

As for the maximum jail sentence in Norway, that's freaking INSANE! And I guess there'd be no chance for those murderers to wind up living on the street because of their damn oversized social security or whatever it is.

Rose Immortal said:
I can't hate something I haven't heard...but I would have my reservations about any money I spend going to someone who set fire to houses of worship.

As for Ihsahn...I've heard him sing on a song by Peccatum, and he isn't bad at all. I admit I don't care for black-metal lyrics, but Peccatum seems a bit different from that sort of stuff. Who knows...if I find an album of theirs I might be tempted to buy it...

As for the maximum jail sentence in Norway, that's freaking INSANE! And I guess there'd be no chance for those murderers to wind up living on the street because of their damn oversized social security or whatever it is.

if you want a good introduction to Arcturus, try the sham mirrors, and look for the song called star crossed, very spacy kind of track, awesome piano intro.

btw: I think the singer of spiral architecht replaced trickster G. so that also might give you an incintive to check arcturus out.

Hmm...what I heard of Spiral Architect (mind you, it was just a short sample), I wasn't all that crazy about. They had talent, but it just didn't seem to reach me in any way. Maybe I listened to the wrong stuff...

Rose Immortal said:
Hmm...what I heard of Spiral Architect (mind you, it was just a short sample), I wasn't all that crazy about. They had talent, but it just didn't seem to reach me in any way. Maybe I listened to the wrong stuff...

meh, just listen to star crossed from arcturus, trust me if you dont think its awesome you'll at least think it's ok.

wayne the goblin/robot said:
meh, just listen to star crossed from arcturus, trust me if you dont think its awesome you'll at least think it's ok.

Well...it's on my list of stuff to try...

Rose Immortal said:
Same here. I hated the vocalist's voice. :yuk:

Rose Immortal said:
Ahh, something I'm qualified to talk about! Howard Jones, new vocalist for Killswitch Engage...he rocks!

You can see the band in this pic:

http://www.umusic.ca/killswitchengage/

At least...I think so.

ok next topic how about................the movie sin city, becuase it is in black and white, and that is wierd, it is also wierd that me and the director share the same first and last name.

now where are my magic memory erasing pills for you all. :D

The most rockin black dude in metal is Van from Nevermore. We were drinking on Children of Bodom's tourbus when they were touring with Dimmu and he tried to convince me and my girlfriend at the time to have sex in front of him and this other dude for 200 bucks :lol:. Im 100% he was joking, although the guy with him (maybe a roadie cause I didn't recognize him from a band) seemed pretty adamant about it. When the roadie saw that we eventually wouldn't do it, he asked Alexi and the girl he was with, to which Alexi replied "fuck off" :)

living colour is my favorite black metal band omg lolz!!!!!1111one!!!1!!

I like Spiral Architect and I think they desperately need a new cd out.

I just realized that for a metal forum, this board does not have the typical tradition of a Metallica related thread at least once a week.

(tangent +1)