BLACK METAL ARHHHHGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

On the subject of black metal...I just scanned over some pages of Lords of Chaos...

That is some SCARY stuff--even worse than I imagined it to be.

I seriously think it's an embarrassment to the entire genre that such psychopaths exist. I must've seen some of this on the news, because I kinda got an idea when I was younger that all metal was like that. VERY unfortunate, that these kinds of morons cause all of metal to get painted with their same disgusting brush.

But you know what? I'm sorry if there are any Norwegians reading who might be offended, but I've got to get this out...I think in some ways Norway is responsible for its own mess. What else do you expect when you have a society with NO laws (that really mean anything) and NO standards of right and wrong, and you raise all your kids with this hyperliberal anything-goes stuff? I bet you little Kristian Vikernes (yeah that WAS his real name, so glad he changed it because I don't want that little jerk even accidentally associated with my faith, thank you!) none of these people ever got NO for an answer when they were kids, because the parents were afraid of "traumatizing" them. So then when the little punk psychopaths start running wild, well WHAT did you expect in the first place?!

Methinks you Norwegians need to rethink your social policies in a big way. Hold people accountable for what they do, for God's sakes. It's not inhumane, unenlightened or whatever. If you think it's cruel and unusual to punish people for acts of violence--think about this: is it not cruel and unusual to the rest of society, most especially the victims of such sick individuals, to basically twiddle your thumbs while people give them nothing but a slap on the wrist? You don't rehabilitate such people. You keep them the HELL away from innocents who could be hurt by them! So you don't want to execute them? FINE. Then keep them locked up for life! And if you don't do that responsible thing...what does that make you?

Complicit!

OK, rant over.

Rose Immortal said:
On the subject of black metal...I just scanned over some pages of Lords of Chaos...

That is some SCARY stuff--even worse than I imagined it to be.

I seriously think it's an embarrassment to the entire genre that such psychopaths exist. I must've seen some of this on the news, because I kinda got an idea when I was younger that all metal was like that. VERY unfortunate, that these kinds of morons cause all of metal to get painted with their same disgusting brush.

But you know what? I'm sorry if there are any Norwegians reading who might be offended, but I've got to get this out...I think in some ways Norway is responsible for its own mess. What else do you expect when you have a society with NO laws (that really mean anything) and NO standards of right and wrong, and you raise all your kids with this hyperliberal anything-goes stuff? I bet you little Kristian Vikernes (yeah that WAS his real name, so glad he changed it because I don't want that little jerk even accidentally associated with my faith, thank you!) none of these people ever got NO for an answer when they were kids, because the parents were afraid of "traumatizing" them. So then when the little punk psychopaths start running wild, well WHAT did you expect in the first place?!

Methinks you Norwegians need to rethink your social policies in a big way. Hold people accountable for what they do, for God's sakes. It's not inhumane, unenlightened or whatever. If you think it's cruel and unusual to punish people for acts of violence--think about this: is it not cruel and unusual to the rest of society, most especially the victims of such sick individuals, to basically twiddle your thumbs while people give them nothing but a slap on the wrist? You don't rehabilitate such people. You keep them the HELL away from innocents who could be hurt by them! So you don't want to execute them? FINE. Then keep them locked up for life! And if you don't do that responsible thing...what does that make you?

Complicit!

OK, rant over.

heh you are a metal n00b arnt you, ya didnt know about the black metal scene?

yeah it is crap but unfortunatly its here to stay like gum on your shoe.

but just relax and thank God you dont live in Norway (ive heard sweedens pretty good though)

but look on the bright side at least Norway has Pagans Mind.

wayne the goblin/robot said:
heh you are a metal n00b arnt you, ya didnt know about the black metal scene?

Embarrassingly...yeah. I came into the metal scene through prog, so I've got a lot of catch-up to do. I knew only the very basics. Mainly gathered from what I heard here.

yeah it is crap but unfortunatly its here to stay like gum on your shoe.

Too bad you can't use ice on it to freeze it to the point of utter destruction, as one does with gum... ;)

but just relax and thank God you dont live in Norway (ive heard sweedens pretty good though)

When I rant on the Internet, most of the time I'm nowhere near as angry as my words look. I just have a way of picking really incendiary language when I do a post like that. Now, they DO piss me off, and I DO think Norway's got some soul-searching to do about its stupidly-lenient policies...but it's not the end of the world! :loco:

but look on the bright side at least Norway has Pagans Mind.

Apparently this n00b has yet another band to learn a little about...so what kind of metal do they do?

I actually own and have read the entire Lords of Chaos book. I find the whole thing fascinating, really. It gets a bit boring towards the end though. The best part is when it details the whole Varg/Euronymous thing.

Much of the genre has moved past the extreme extremisms of its earlier days, so don't go around thinking all blackmetal musicians burn down churches every weekend...And then you have "Black metal lite" bands like Dimmu Borgir who are black metal in image alone and thats it.

btw Rose Immortal, I got into metal through prog too...that was 7 years ago or so, and now I consider myself much more of a metal fan than a prog fan (power and thrash metal being my favorite genres).

Rose Immortal said:
Apparently this n00b has yet another band to learn a little about...so what kind of metal do they do?

they kinda sound like a mix of SX, DT with some spacey feel to it........I guess you could consider pagans mind true space prog metal cause thats the vibe I get from it(I personally think that they should have been on the halo 2 soundtrack). They have songs you can download on their website but the links dont work right now so....................but really they are a great prog metal band that is what I think one of the next big things in prog metal.

btw: they use clean vocals and have guitar solos and keyboard solos so no worries about black metal here............

oh and btw let me ask you this: what Iron Maiden songs have you heard

(this is to see if you are a TR00 metal n00b)

and if youve only heard # of the beast than I should slap you...