black rose immortal

mike258

New Metal Member
Aug 4, 2008
i dont understand one thing , y dont opeth sing black rose immortal in their concerts even though its one of their best songs

BRI's first 5 minutes or so (don't remember exactly) should be chopped off. The rest is generally very good, although not ALWAYS very good.

Mikael actually *promised* to me that they would learn (!) and play this song next time they will play on Greece, after popular demand! This was a couple of years ago. If they do, I hope they're gonna play it on its entirety. Unfortunately there were linup changes since his promise, so I have a little doubt if they actually gonna play it. It's my favourite Opeth song (along with To bid you farewell) and one my all time favourites, so I hope they keep their promise.

I'm pretty sure the guy would own one by now.

And if not he's more than capable of transposing the song on 4 strings. In fact I think it'd be pretty sweet to hear the basslines played on 4 strings.

i dont understand one thing , y dont opeth sing black rose immortal in their concerts even though its one of their best songs
He's been practicing singing the drums for it atm, apparently he can sing all the guitar parts. So that just leaves singing all the bass. Tiz Jona b Difikult Wit da VoCalz az Well? Ha lol1.

In an interview I watched once, Mikeal said that many people scream for them to play black rose immortal at concerts. He explained in the interview that he thinks his old albums are good, but he hates the sound of them (that includes BRI), he prefers their new style.

I think he hates the entire album by now, and says so in occasion. BRI being the most revered song and the song the people most want to hear live, I believe he hates the song.