Blackening clipping like crazy?

LSD-Studio

HCAF crusher
Jul 2, 2006
Germany
www.lsd-tonstudio.de
Just listening to MH the Blackening and I really love the sound of the album.
I just listened to it more closely to learn something from it. really awesome production, but is it just me, are my headphones fucked or is there a ridiculous amount of clipping??
I mean really obvious clipping!

I'm listening thru the shitty converters in the iBook g4 right now though, but it still shouldn't clip like that....
anyone else hearing that?

:ill:

Just listening to MH the Blackening and I really love the sound of the album.
I just listened to it more closely to learn something from it. really awesome production, but is it just me, are my headphones fucked or is there a ridiculous amount of clipping??
I mean really obvious clipping!

I'm listening thru the shitty converters in the iBook g4 right now though, but it still shouldn't clip like that....
anyone else hearing that?

:ill:

Yea. I ripped it to my computer using CDEx and at some points it is REALLY clipping hard. It's not all over the record tho, only in certain parts. I still have to listen to the CD from a CD player, though ...

basically it's clipping in many songs/many parts
but to be more specific:

aesthetics--- 3:24 after Solo when Rhythm comes back in
4:10 (the drum-part)

and more

now I lay Thee Down--- 1:10 f (the toms)

slanderous-- the very beginning (drums) RIDICULOUS!!!
2:22 only one guitar playing, still clipping

2:40 f fuck, how can that happen??

3:10 damn it's almost the entire song crackling like crazy!

3:30 f it's even getting worse

there are even more obvious places though...that's just what the time was when I read your post.

rehearsal tomorrow night, gonna ask them then.

I am seriously wondering how a *competent* mastering engineer can miss this ...

If I would have mixed that (assuming I'd be that great;) ) I would fly over to the mastering engineer and seriously hand him his ass...how can one ruin a mix like that?
doesn't he listen to the CD thru headphones at leats ones before handing it to the plant for reproduction?

Slanderous - 2:22 till 2:50

This is fuckin hideous ... it clips in a "guitar only" part ... and then after that like crazy, too

yeah pretty much the entire song...

just listen to 3:30 following.....

ok, at least now I know my headphones are not broken .....

but I'm getting pissed right now and I can only imagine how the band, Colin Richardson. Mark Keaton etc feel about it...I'd be raging!

You guys think this is bad?

Check out new Finntroll....

can't be worse than that, can it?
if so I won't buy it anyway :)

*damn, Halo 4:50....its in every Song!*

every tompart and alot of guitars....

cant write as fast as it's clipping.....meaning I can't write continuously....

Wolves 6:39 and on (all the left solos)

finntroll can't be THAT bad!

can't be worse than that, can it?
if so I won't buy it anyway :)

*damn, Halo 4:50....its in every Song!*

every tompart and alot of guitars....

cant write as fast as it's clipping.....meaning I can't write continuously....

Wolves 6:39 and on (all the left solos)

finntroll can't be THAT bad!

got MSN? :lol:

i think there is a thread in MH forum talking about this, i'm not sure though
i think robb stated about a technical problem with the US release, with the booklet layout too

When I first got it I put in on my ipod and used it through an I trip in my car. Its so hot coming through I had to back the ipod right down to about half because the car stereo was shutting off. It has this thing where if its getting to much signal it jut drops right down in level kinda like a thermal protect. This album sets it off in moments

also, anyone know which amps ended up tracked?

I would pretty much assume it was Rob's 5150. Though the tone seems a lot less tight and has a lot more mids to my ears on this album. Going OT slightly here, does anyone else think the mix on this album is nowhere near as huge and tight sounding as TTAOE?