Blackfield

Did any of you realize that Jordan Rudess went and did Acoustic shows with Blackfield? I hope it was recorded or there is a bootleg or something because that would be awesome. I ordered Blackfield from Amazon for like 13.99 but yeah... it hasn't arrived yet... And Deadwing was 10.99 so HAH! I payed more for Blackfield. :)

Rhyming isn't necessarily a bad thing, though. (Just as long as the band can pull it off without it getting annoying or sounding trite...and imo Blackfield can, so it's not a problem...)

Rhyming lyrics work really well sometimes. Take the title track on "Deadwing," for example...it's 9+ minutes long and either I can't hear properly or the entire song is rhymed. It's also a kick-ass song, probably my second favorite on that album (after "Lazarus," which is flat-out beautiful...)

Yeah Wilson and Geffen have both confirmed there is going to be more Blackfield albums, they have already written some songs for the next one. I think one track is called "Miss You"

Night Mare said:
It was like he made a whole album out of the Trains vibe, which is by no means a bad thing! Still awaiting the arrival of my Deluxe Edition Deadwing...

well id cancel that if you still have the chance, the surround sound version looks much better, i pre-ordered the deluxe one only to find out the surround sound one has

1) bonus tracks
2) its in surround (obviously, by the title) which means better musical experience if you have a SS system
3) the deluxe booklet isnt that good

anyway, im mostly dissapointed that it doesnt have the extra tracks. :cry:

To those who don't know...there are some Old hebrew Geefen songs that were translated into english and given the Willson touch and you can hear the difference(song like pain and clowdy now...) it sounds as Geffen had matured 20 years...Willson probably gave him a music boot camp and taught him some discipline.

I actually had quite an embarrassing moment with Willson...Aviv Geffen brought him to some local small shows while he was in Israel when they were supposed to perform here.
so I was walking backwards from the stage and I bumped into STEVEN FUCKING WILLSON...I lost my speech for a moment appologized and went away...I touched a legend...I'm such a fanboy

Wow, yeah, you're totally gay.

But really, Wilson is all over this fucking album. Don't get me wrong, Steven Wilson's voice is beautiful and glorious and all that shit, but Geffen only gets lead vocals on 2 songs. What the fuck - he has such a great voice. Hopefully he'll have a bigger role on the new album, vocal-wise anyway.

Great rainy-day music. I love Blackfield.

_Transparent_ said:
...2) its in surround (obviously, by the title) which means better musical experience if you have a SS system...

The deluxe edition is in surround sound aswell, but it does not have the uncompressed, best-quality DVD-Audio layer that the DVD-A has. And as you rightly said, the lack of the bonus tracks makes the deluxe edition pretty useless if you ask me. DTS Entertainment bought exclusive rights to the bonus tracks, which means they couldn't be included on the deluxe version.