blackwater park vinyl

Well, checking with my stuff at home, I do have 2 BWP SEALED Vinyls at home. I am willing to part with one of them, some people have already contacted me with offer's for cash and trades.. I will keep taking offers until this weekend, unless somone gives me an offer I cant refuse. PM for offers and any other info.

threak said:

No seriously. Don't say that you get it to "pay respect" to your favorite band or something, because purchasing an vinyl used for $100 doesn't help the band at all. You already own the cds. They are better quality than the vinyls... They really aren't collectables because people usually collect popular things... I just see why you would spend that much money on singles and vinyls for a band like Opeth. If it was Led Zepplin or some classic rock band. Don't take offense, just explain. Pwease. :)

segaszivos said:
No seriously. Don't say that you get it to "pay respect" to your favorite band or something, because purchasing an vinyl used for $100 doesn't help the band at all. You already own the cds. They are better quality than the vinyls... They really aren't collectables because people usually collect popular things... I just see why you would spend that much money on singles and vinyls for a band like Opeth. If it was Led Zepplin or some classic rock band. Don't take offense, just explain. Pwease. :)

Once again.....Shut Up.

And cds are NOT better quality than vinyls.

segaszivos said:

segaszivos said:
You already own the cds. They are better quality than the vinyls...

Vinyls have SUPERIOR quality over CD's.... but only for the first few 'spins'.

Secondly, While Zepplin were popular back when they were releasing albums..... do you think they were legends? :err:

You don't become a 'classic' band without time having passed, and Opeth are in a similar position as The Big Z were when they were recording. Don't you think it's possible that people are 'banking' on the fact that these item's will become collectibles a ways down the track.

In future reference, think before you speak.

People don't get vinyls to listen to them because as Spike said, their quality fades, very quickly.

"Don't you think it's possible that people are 'banking' on the fact that these item's will become collectibles a ways down the track."

Yes, I suppose that someone could 'bank' on the fact that an album will become a collectable, but Opeth... Come on... ;)

I prolly don't understand the purpose of having cds and vinyl, coming from a different background. I don't get anything useless anymore, ever. I think purchasing things for collectable reasons are useless. You don't usually use these collectable items, because their quality will deteriorate. I used to collect things, but after 'wasting' my money on some stuff I realise that I would rather have alot more stuff over one expensive thing. For example, I would rather purchase 10 new cds (including a blackwater park cd) over a used Blackwater Park LP. People collect things, but why? Are you trying to impress someone? I can understand collecting things if you enjoy it, but I can enjoy listening to more, diverse music, over a single 'collectable' vinyl. Usually, one thing won't entertain me as much as multiple things.

segaszivos said:
People don't get vinyls to listen to them because as Spike said, their quality fades, very quickly.

"Don't you think it's possible that people are 'banking' on the fact that these item's will become collectibles a ways down the track."

Yes, I suppose that someone could 'bank' on the fact that an album will become a collectable, but Opeth... Come on... ;)

I prolly don't understand the purpose of having cds and vinyl, coming from a different background. I don't get anything useless anymore, ever. I think purchasing things for collectable reasons are useless. You don't usually use these collectable items, because their quality will deteriorate. I used to collect things, but after 'wasting' my money on some stuff I realise that I would rather have alot more stuff over one expensive thing. For example, I would rather purchase 10 new cds (including a blackwater park cd) over a used Blackwater Park LP. People collect things, but why? Are you trying to impress someone? I can understand collecting things if you enjoy it, but I can enjoy listening to more, diverse music, over a single 'collectable' vinyl. Usually, one thing won't entertain me as much as multiple things.

Shut Up