Blastbeats in DT songs?

Format C:

New Metal Member
May 17, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
In which DT songs do you consider there are blastbeats?

The only ones I can think of right now are Scythe rage and roses, The emptiness from which I fed and Midway through Infinity.

RealHazard said:
Nightfall by the shore of time. In Scythe rage and roses it sounds just like a fast black.

Nightfall has no blastbeat, at least I don't think so.

Scythe rage and roses has REALLY fast blastbeats. Listen to the song from 02:20 until the end.

Of course I doesn't mean blastbeats through the entire song. There are no such DT songs.

cymbal,snaredrum and bassdrum hit at the same time with quite a speed, just listen to old american death metal and comprehend.

Mostly RealHazard is wrong. Some death metal bands do it that way but the more common way is to hit the bass drum and hi-hat/ride cymbal at the same time, with snare hits on the offbeat. All black metal bands as well as DT do it this way. (Maybe Skydancer has the first method though... Too lazy to check really)

Also, some really fast drummers like Hellhammer (Mayhem) and Frost (Satyricon, 1349) hit the ride/hihat on EVERY beat, ie bass+hihat then snare+hihat. You have to be pretty good to pull that off though.

Well when comes blasting with tempo 150 hitting as 16/4 notes it is quite hard to make the difference between those two styles. You win Phyre, because I am not a drummer. :)