Blind Guardian!

legalman20

Oct 30, 2002
orlando, FL
Visit site
What the fuck happen to Blind Guardian!!

They were indeed a disappointment not because of their music which I love, but their performance was boring and Hansi looked like an Alternative singer because of his stage presence... The man barely moved...

That made leave to the hotel...and miss POS!!

Blind Guardian were great, but I think it's a little deceptive just because of how good Edguy were. I think ANYONE who had to follow Edguy were going to be in trouble. And PoS had the biggest struggle following both BG and Edguy.

I'm not a big PoS fan but from what I saw I though they were awesome - but I have to stick to what I've always been saying: swap the roster round so you start and finish with a power band. In this case, Edguy deserved to headline, and PoS should have followed Silent Force perhaps.

In any case, the whole Friday night ruled!

Blind Guardian was great! They are definitely not the most animated and energetic band, which I wish they were, but they played their music beautifully. The are Blind Guardian and they can do whatever the fuck they feel like!
Edguy was indeed amazing and I loved their set. Gamma Ray and Angra also gave a great show. Those were by far my 4 favorite bands of the show. Everybody else did a very good job as well, except for Devin Townsend.

Just saw BG play in Rochester, NY, monday night. They were much more energetic on stage even considering the small turn out. Maybe 100 people. Sheesh. Their set was much better than at ProgPower and Hansi sang with much more power. I think they were at first really disappointed by the small turn out but we all really rocked that place to the ground. The smiles on their faces at our enthusiasm was genuine and I got the feeling that by the end of the show they actually enjoyed a smaller, tighter crowd for a change. *Shrugs*. It was great to meet a bunch of great people there: Mark, Chris, Lisa, Bear. Keep in touch.