Bloodbath - "Unblessing......" audio samples

Hey, a couple of these tracks sound good! I can't wait 'till this is released so I can DOWNLOAD it! :cool:

Didn't Dan write "Furnace Funeral" as well? That first EP they did is probably my fave overall, just three songs but....*shrug* My favorite song aside from those is "Eaten" - which I know is a Dan track. :)

I still still still think Dan should start his own new death metal project and write similar songs.... I mean, similar to what he wrote before for Bloodbath. Of course he'd have to get guests, but yeah, it would be awesome I'm sure. :p

He said that he don't write any stuff like Bloodbath in the future. But check Demiurg, Dan is the guitarist ;)

Honestly, new Edge of Sanity would be awesome. The "acoustic" parts on there with his low clean vocals are chilling.

Hey, a couple of these tracks sound good! I can't wait 'till this is released so I can DOWNLOAD it! :cool:

Didn't Dan write "Furnace Funeral" as well? That first EP they did is probably my fave overall, just three songs but....*shrug* My favorite song aside from those is "Eaten" - which I know is a Dan track. :)

The way I remember it, I wrote at least half of Furnace Funeral (noone believied anything else about the nice melodic part at the end:loco: but I also wrote what can be considered "the verse" with the "funeral" chanting etc.)

Dan

Dan Swanö;6989056 said:
The way I remember it, I wrote at least half of Furnace Funeral (noone believied anything else about the nice melodic part at the end:loco: but I also wrote what can be considered "the verse" with the "funeral" chanting etc.)

Dan

Good stuff. An "Edge of sanity feel" over it. I hope we get to hear more stuff like that from you. :kickass:

Dan's leaving of BB was sad, and I think there might of been a little animosity at first but now everyone's over it. The new tracks are awesome IMO! At first I thought that Dan was the driving force, but now you can see that although he had a big hand in the music, the rest of the band can write some pretty sick shit as well. I like Dan's style, and it would've been cool to see what he would've come up with, but I think this new mini cd shows that there can be life after Swano.

I just also realized that I completely by accident stole my band's name from a Bloodbath song...

"Behold... Eternal eclipse!
Humanity fades away
The creatures bond to black
Will turn color into grey"

- Brave New Hell

I came up with the name when our band was in the midst of re-naming ourselves after our previous guitarist was booted. I was thinking, and I was like, "Eternal... Eternal what? OH! Eternal Eclipse! That rules because it's basically like, Eternal darkness", and you know that the concepts of a real Eternal Eclipse was going through my head. Oh well, it works, and is even more awesome of a name than it was before.

PS I have no idea why I am sharing this. I'm sure you could all care less.

I heard these a few weeks ago. I feel it's overall a progression musically, but it would have been more melodic and better overall if Dan had a hand in it. That said, I will probably heavily enjoy this release for the pure brutality.

Dan's leaving of BB was sad, and I think there might of been a little animosity at first but now everyone's over it. The new tracks are awesome IMO! At first I thought that Dan was the driving force, but now you can see that although he had a big hand in the music, the rest of the band can write some pretty sick shit as well. I like Dan's style, and it would've been cool to see what he would've come up with, but I think this new mini cd shows that there can be life after Swano.

if dan wasn't let go...there would probably be a full length BB album including the existing songs and some stuff by dan...would have been cool.

anyways, just as i posted in the BB forum, the EP is great but it's missing the swanö touch to it...part of it is what Unicorn said about not being able to hum the riffs. i love how dan adds progressiveness and a small amount of cheese to every brutal track, he has a part in writing.

Honestly, some people are acting like there is a night and day difference between this new stuff and the other stuff. It's not really all that drastic.

I've never really understood why eveybody took this band so seriously in the first place when it was started as a joke/side project/"Hey guys, let's test my new gear" kinda thing.

Let's be honest, this band would never get the amount of attention it gets were it not for the people who were/are in it and the other bands they are in.

While I dig alot of the Bloodbath stuff, it's always sounded like "side project" death metal to me: not bad, not great, kinda catchy, something to tide people over until the "real" bands put out their new CD.

yeah it's a side project alright but i think the hype is all about the fact that the music in this side project is different than the music of the main bands of the people who are in the side project.

people love old skool swedish death metal...and there isn't much of it now
people who used to make it mostly moved on to make different genre of metal or depression rock or they quit the biz or died