bloodbath

No actually it doesn't, if Bloodbath was this underground band from Tanzania many many more among the "knowers" would praise them.

Oh please. :rolleyes: Just accept the fact that people don't like a band you enjoy. Something doesn't have to be underground and obscure to be good and it's kind of sad if you really believe most people here think otherwise.

resurrection through carnage is such a horribly produced album, reveals a total misunderstanding of what made the best old school swedeath so great

It's not bullshit at all. The "sound" may be the same, but there's something to be said about not appreciating some art which may be derivative of previously created art because of a lack of aesthetic value.

Some people claim to love Entombed's Left Hand Path while at the same time claiming they cannot stand Bloodbath, which of course is bullshit. Okay if someone doesn't like Bloodbath, but dont come and praise all the bands they're inspired by and say Bloodbath is shit. That's a product of the fact that liking Bloodbath doesn't earn you any metal cred.

You can like a band without liking mediocre clones of that band. Stop being stupid, please.

It's not bullshit at all. The "sound" may be the same, but there's something to be said about not appreciating some art which may be derivative of previously created art because of a lack of aesthetic value.

This would be more convincing coming from literally anybody that's not you.

Anybody who doesn't like Breeding Death can go fucking suck a dick.

Sound is not the only thing that matters to a lot of people. A lot of old-school death metal fans care particularly about the spirit and passion of OSDM, and feel that Bloodbath is ineffectually cloning it with no real integrity. I don't have much of an opinion on them, but I know I'm not a fan. I'd rather listen to newer OSDM sounding bands who are influenced by yet take the material in new directions, such as Necrovation.

Matt, what do you mean?

Bloodbath (at least through NMF, all I've heard) are pretty sweet, but not particularly amazing and not the least bit original.
And this should be in the Death metal thread.

This. Except replace the word "sweet" with "okay".

I listened to Nightmares Made Flesh a while ago, and found it thoroughly unremarkable.

This would be more convincing coming from literally anybody that's not you.

Even me?

"Can't stand" is a nice way for a lot of metalheads (very much passionate about their music) to say "I don't like this."

i've only heard like one song off NMF so i can't comment (though i was unimpressed), but breeding death is pretty ok and resurection through carnage sucks ass. i'm not an entombed fan but i really dig grave. anyone thinks these opinions are incompatible can twiddle my zucchini.

i don't think many people "can't stand" bloodbath, they just can't stand people constantly going on about yet another band playing unremarkable/half-decent retro scandeath at best, third rate rubbish at worst.

IMO Bloodbath are a solid band with an entertaining modus operandi and a (pair of) great vocalist(s). I don't think they're anything worth messing up your pants over, but I'm a bit surprised by all the vehemence leveled in their direction. Different strokes for different folks, though, so whatever!

As I've mentioned, I like 'em.

With the exception of Unblessing the Purity (being their third best, after Breeding Death and Resurrection through Carnage respectively), I feel that they have declined progessively with each release.

Dan Swanö's touch is definitely something that is sorely missed.

Dan Swanö's touch is definitely something that is sorely missed.

I prefere Blakkheim's songs and Jonas and their newer guitarist Sodomizer are also great writers and musicians and don't really think the band is lacking without him, he only wrote probably 20 percent of the bands material and looking at the new material it's obvious there was more to Dans departure than what people might think and blakkheim and jonas were going to do what they want. I think fans make
dan to be more significant in Bloodbath than he really was.

Ughh I like them but they are getting worse with every album.Breeding Death is easily the best thing they've came out with.