BM bands on the rise . . . or not . . .

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
Here's some brand new BM I've been down with lately (other than the stuff recommended to me recently . . . Demoncy, Abigor, Fluerety, Beherit, etc.).

Spektr - A super dark and suffocating band. They're on Blut Aus Nord's label, so you can expect a little bit of the post BM vibe. They use some samples, but they mostly try to play intense, BLACK, bleak, slow paced BM. Highly recommended to fans of everything from Blut Aus Nord to Xasthur.

Secht - This is insane. I've seen reviews saying it is TERRIBLE, and I've seen reviews saying it is genius. Think of what Khanate did when they arrived on the seen. This is sort of that equivalent, only in BM. This is definitely more for the lovers of pure sickness in their BM.

Neetzach - This is probably a band most of you would be interested in. It is more "normal" BM, but it is done well. Very dark and gloomy BM.

Gorgoroth 'Ad Majorem Sathanas Gloriam' - I don't know if you could say this band is on the rise, especially since Gaahl is in prison for a stint. Nonetheless, I'm going to say that this new album will definitely help them along the way. I love it.

. . . and because this is yet another thread about BM, I'm going to HIGHLY recommend that J. check out old Blut Aus Nord. NOTHING like the newer stuff. They used to be similar to a combination of early Ulver and very early Emperor. They have a strong heathen vibe, so my unfamiliarity with that sub-category probably doesn't do the description justice.

Here's a sample from Ultima Thulle: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=E2F6C60C29FA943A

Here's a sample from Memoria Vetusta I: http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=82164D92443B446E

Anybody interested in the description I mentioned NEEDS to download this stuff. Two of the best BM albums in existence. Forget about the modern day Blut Aus Nord.

Blut aus Nord were/are/will be excellent. One of those few bands who caught a wholly different track at some point and brought the awesomeness along.

New Spektr is insane, I'm still in the process of figuring out whether I dig them or whether they're simply too much for me.

Spektr:
"This should not be seen as a gathering of two humans playing music, for it doesn't simply stand for "music" but a real
Communication between an incarnated being and vibrations coming from a non-manifested paradigma where the Essence of what
has suffered thousands of incarnations and names wanders eternally through the halls of it's last breath."

WTF

"Dusk is the art of Darkness and Death by Shadow. He is just a shadow, not a human. He just transmits somekind of an ancient, forgotten thing. This darkness is enounced now... The time has come for the universe to be destoyed. There is no place for respect, only for death and destruction. The time has come for the death of divine powers. The twilight of gods has come... Dusk is against everything!!! I will die together with the world, I won't remain. I am against every religion! Every religion is hypocrite and thirsty for power. Only coward and weak people follow others! Each religion's god is the same, even the god of heathen nature-believers, but not one of these people can see this. Nature is better than people, but humanity is the child of nature. And nature is also a part of existence. Now it's time to bring to an end all of this. Ther is no place neither for love nor forgiveness. Only for destruction, hatred and death. Dusk is against the existence itself. It is the sword of Darkness upon life! Those who are too weak to see the path are not worthy for the survival or for being helped by divine powers... It's time to end an endless journey through thousands of lives. There is no place for social acception! I have never been a human. Their society is not for me. The society has control upon individuals, it determines what they have to think about and what they have to feel, and even when they have to do these things. Dusk propagates freedom. Every soul is free. There is no place for bounds. I do what my dark heart tells me to... Dusk is a journey to a world of feelings where an immortal soul is endlessly wandering, haunting and dying eternally at dark and freezing places...eternally..."

Sadguru said:
Spektr:
"This should not be seen as a gathering of two humans playing music, for it doesn't simply stand for "music" but a real
Communication between an incarnated being and vibrations coming from a non-manifested paradigma where the Essence of what
has suffered thousands of incarnations and names wanders eternally through the halls of it's last breath."

WTF

Wannabe spiritual rambling by people who'd be better off refusing interviews. The music speaks for itself

Egor? Egor, is that you?

youngfrank64.jpeg

ive thought about checking out early BAN, seriously. but then i remember the poopness of TWWTG, and also that you guys praise Deathspell "Overrated as Fuck" Omega. no offense.

ill listen to the samples

Nate, thank gawd you're still here. everyone else here now listens to obscure prog and trad (poop) metal and buffet metal turds and loads of non-metal :loco:

J. said:
ive thought about checking out early BAN, seriously. but then i remember the poopness of TWWTG, and also that you guys praise Deathspell "Overrated as Fuck" Omega. no offense.

Nate, thank gawd you're still here. everyone else here now listens to obscure prog and trad (poop) metal and buffet metal turds and loads of non-metal :loco:
you're wrong

tormenting legends II hellyeah

J. said:

Word. Now that Footbalm is practically married and Erik is trying to find himself, we're stuck with a couple hundred threads about NAD and a few about Iron Maiden/HOM and so on.

BTW, I hope you listen to those samples, because I'll eat my poop if you don't like them. The new Candlelight USA record store has those two albums for a good price. They also have Gogoroth and some other good shiznit.

Erik said:
lol

well i'll tell you what i'm NOT trying to find

generic new "black metal" bands that have nothing important to communicate whatsoever

carry on

well, i also find myself agreeing here. all BM i buy these days is older stuff or new albums from established acts.

these newer bands and this "avant garde" and "orthodox" nonsense is just that, nonsense.

JayKeeley said:
hey are you still selling/trading Si Monvmentvm???!

gone. unloaded to some dude on ebay for more than i paid for it. i figure that extra dough i made, made up for the time i wasted listening to it.

Nate The Great said:
BTW, I hope you listen to those samples, because I'll eat my poop if you don't like them. The new Candlelight USA record store has those two albums for a good price. They also have Gogoroth and some other good shiznit.

ill letcha know. im looking for new stuff to buy, but im being SUPER choosy.

J. said:
gone. unloaded to some dude on ebay for more than i paid for it. i figure that extra dough i made, made up for the time i wasted listening to it.

Did you get it really cheap or something? I've never understood why people pay more on eBay for the same item they can get at regular price.

Surprised you didn't like it considering just how phenomenal it is. Was it because you got to it after everyone else?