Doom/BM type bands

Nate The Great

What would Nathan do?
May 10, 2002
www.ultimatemetal.com
I really like the whole emerging scene of doom/BM bands. I'm talking about bands like Funeralium, The Austrasian Goat, etc. I suppose you could also include bands like Khanate and Black Sun, but I'm thinking more of the black metal bands playing totally atmospheric stuff, without getting all ambient. Really harsh, black doom is about as close as I can come to describing it. The latest Blut Aus Nord would be on the faster end of the sub-sub-genre. A lot of it basically sounds like a guy being brutally tortured, while somebody beats on some drums and some guitars make an ugly mess of things.

Does anybody have any more recommendations for me?

try Lunar Aurora. very harsh, entirely atmospheric and can be depressive/doomy at times.

Manes' black metal stuff is basically the blueprint those US wanks Xasthur/Leviathan copied.

I have the latest Lunar Aurora, but it is not quite what I'm talking about. It is excellent, though. The UM review of that album made me buy it.

I'll check into Nortt.

I found a Youtube video of Wormphlegm, and they are exactly what I'm looking for, but I can't find where to buy their CD.

Cool that they tickled your fancy, however they only released their album in a pretty limited vinyl edition on the Suicidal Doom label. I'll let you know if I would happen to hear about a CD version ;)