The best (and most relevant) bands in existence

One Inch Man said:
Tool, Kayo Dot, King Crimson, and Hammers of Misfortune.
Add Dillinger Escape Plan to this list, and maybe Meshuggah except I haven't heard their last several albums so I'm not sure what they are doing now.

Also I stand by my "subgenres are gay" refrain, this shit is all metal to me. I only titled my last thread with the word hardcore to gather attention (and it worked, FOOLS :dopey: ). That shit certainly isn't hardcore, and some may call it post-core, but I'll call it metal and be done with it.

One Inch Man said:
That shit certainly isn't hardcore, and some may call it post-core, but I'll call it metal and be done with it.

Which genre takes precedence though?

If metal has been fused with equal parts hardcore, then why can't it be looked upon as 'hardcore with elements of metal'? At that point, all it becomes is a sub-genre of hardcore.

Really, is hardcore that fucking desperate that it now needs to jump onto the bandwagon of metal? EDIT: And this is aimed mostly towards these so called 'metal' labels dismissing metal bands for -core bands.

But most importantly, isn't there soooooooooooo much yet to discover in metal before you even venture beyond the boundaries? I mean, why do I want to start researching new and shiny "bluegrass jazz funk metal" bands when I only just found Angel Witch, 25 years after their debut release!?

This is why I laugh at anyone who claims they've heard all they need to hear in underground metal! There's always something else out there that'll sneek up on you and surprise the fuck out of you! I know I've barely scratched the surface of many veins of metal that I'd probably enjoy the hell out of if I only had a working soundcard, an infinite supply of cash, and a lot of time!

NicodemiX said:
sell your house and trade it for CDs

Maynard Keenen is a fucking dumbass wierdo. He swallows my load after Jenna Jameson spits it on his face. I fucking Hate Tool. DEP also, god I cant stand either of those bands. I owned a Tool album for about well as long as the cd was. Then sold it. Was about as relevant to me as Paris Hiltons Phonebook.

NicodemiX said:
I really fail to see why my quote is necessary there.

Ehhh ignore it I just clicked on something to reply to.

Go in the direction the bird is flying.... Its going back to the village!
Ignore the bird , follow the river.

EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
Ehhh i coudlnt stay mad at you, you like King Diamond.

I love Mercyful Fate, so I guess by extension of that I like the King! Fuckin awesome singer!! Never heard his solo stuff though, I'll get around to that some day

Demilich said:
I love Mercyful Fate, so I guess by extension of that I like the King! Fuckin awesome singer!! Never heard his solo stuff though, I'll get around to that some day

Sweet god are you serious?!?!?!?!
Thats wierd because I actually have bought all of his solo stuff and only DBTO of MF.

Demilich said:
Aye, but Melissa's an unstoppable fucking powerhouse of riffs, solos, falsetto, and FUCKING METAL!

Abigail, Them, Spider lullabye ....ahhhhhhhhh * spoogs wildly *

Killer by KD on the SPIDER Lullabyes album is in my top five KD songs ever. Theres just something about it. I think because it was he first time listening to a song actually made me want to kill someone. Glad that phase passed. Haha sorry. Voodoo kicks major ass and anyone who says differently will have their fucking skull ripped off.

Demilich said:
I'm gonna be very sure to check out KD sometime soon.

Dimebag does the solo in the song Voodoo and what some consider to be a weak album I think the story and the songs involved are absolutely some of his best. But you know how everyone has their favorites.

JayKeeley said:
But most importantly, isn't there soooooooooooo much yet to discover in metal before you even venture beyond the boundaries? I mean, why do I want to start researching new and shiny "bluegrass jazz funk metal" bands when I only just found Angel Witch, 25 years after their debut release!?
You know I love discovering what I've missed in years past, you also know how I love them boundaries to be pushed! :tickled:
EVERLOSTINDEADETERNITY said:
Maynard Keenen is a fucking dumbass wierdo. He swallows my load after Jenna Jameson spits it on his face. I fucking Hate Tool. DEP also, god I cant stand either of those bands. I owned a Tool album for about well as long as the cd was. Then sold it. Was about as relevant to me as Paris Hiltons Phonebook.
Idiot post of the fucking decade, fuck off and die kthxbye.