Royal Carnage March Madness 2006 - Decide the Bands

I really don't know what to make of all of it, Ali. Read the rest of my post (edited in after) for a bit of clarification, but not much. I think you're partly right. A year ago, bands like Slough Feg and Primordial were probably novelties to me, whereas they're mainstays in my collection now. I think it does reflect on the forum in some way or another... or does it!?

MYSTERY POST! (just as much to me as anyone else i'm sure)

Demilich said:
I really don't know what to make of all of it, Ali. Read the rest of my post (edited in after) for a bit of clarification, but not much. I think you're partly right. A year ago, bands like Slough Feg and Primordial were probably novelties to me, whereas they're mainstays in my collection now. I think it does reflect on the forum in some way or another... or does it!?

MYSTERY POST! (just as much to me as anyone else i'm sure)

The forum is like a springboard. It gets you on your feet. After that, you become a missionary to go explore new territories and report back with new findings. Congratulations son, you've just been promoted. Waiting round the corner is a new recruit. Educate the rookie.

JayKeeley said:
...if you look at all the bands that Zod listed in the first post, you could pretty much sum them up as being the most well known "usual suspects"...
Yep. I've tried to list the most talked about bands on RC, as this is an RC poll. And since the taste's of the forum are wide ranging and always evolving, I wouldn't expect you to like most of it. I know I don't. But I love some of it.

Zod

I'm all for throwing some non-metal bands in, as long as they have some RC cult support on a smaller scale, like some of the more prominent post-rock and neo-folk bands. And any of the bands from the recommendation threads that got highly positive feedback should be considered. Jay: That Bathory joke is ingenious.

Demonspell said:
I'm all for throwing some non-metal bands in, as long as they have some RC cult support on a smaller scale, like some of the more prominent post-rock and neo-folk bands. And any of the bands from the recommendation threads that got highly positive feedback should be considered. Jay: That Bathory joke is ingenious.

I nominate Current 93, Death In June, & Sol Invictus