Royal Carnage March Madness - Round 1 Results

General Zod

Ruler of Australia
May 1, 2001
New Jersey
www.facebook.com
OK. I wanted to recount the Blind Guardian/Anthrax and Dimmu Borgir/Meshuggah matchups, as both were decided by a single vote. ProgMetalFan, the final person to vote, tipped the scales in favor of Blind Guardian. Surprisingly, my recount didn't reveal a single mistake (damn, I'm good).

My biggest surprises in Round 1 were the victories by Neurosis over HoM, Enslaved shit-hammering Megadeth, Nevermore struggling to get past Mastadon, and the absolute blowout that was Bathory over Deicide. I was also surprised that Blut Aus Nord went down at the hands of Fintroll, given how much board talk is generated by the prior, and how little by the latter.

Zod

Bracket 1
Black Sabbath 24 vs. Arcturus 15
Iron Maiden 29 vs. Mar de Grises 10
Ulver 28 vs. Candlemass 11
Neurosis 21 vs. Hammers of Misfortune 18
Emperor 30 vs. Satyricon 8
Isis 26 vs. Helloween 13
Dark Tranquillity 21 vs. Nile 17
Agalloch 33 vs. Ayreon 6

Bracket 2
Moonsorrow 23 vs. Into Eternity 15
Burzum 20 vs. Negura Bunget 18
Graveland 20 vs. Vader 17
Primordial 26 vs. Edge of Sanity 11
The Lord Weird Slough Feg 24 vs. Akercocke 13
Dimmu Borgir 19 vs. Meshuggah 18
Wolverine 21 vs. Kataklysm 15
My Dying Bride 26 vs. Iced Earth 12

Bracket 3
Carcass 22 vs. Novembers Doom 16
Finntroll 20 vs. Blut Aus Nord 18
Novembre 28 vs. Stratovarius 11
Amorphis 27 vs. Decapitated 11
Enslaved 30 vs. Megadeath 9
Blind Guardian 20 vs. Anthrax 19
King Diamond/Merciful Fate 23 vs. Orphaned Land 16
Drudkh 23 vs. Anathema 15

Bracket 4
Amon Amarth 31 vs. Cradle of Filth 5
Opeth 31 vs. The Chasm 8
Death 35 vs. Angra 4
Judas Priest 26 vs. Vital Remains 12
Bathory 37 vs. Deicide 1
Immortal 26 vs. Kayo Dot 12
At the Gates 35 vs. Manowar 4
Nevermore 23 vs. Mastodon 15

General Zod said:
Neurosis 21 vs. Hammers of Misfortune 18
Isis 26 vs. Helloween 13
Graveland 20 vs. Vader 17
Primordial 26 vs. Edge of Sanity 11
Finntroll 20 vs. Blut Aus Nord 18

Word. Awesome. Much of my faith in this board has been restored.

EDIT: THough I'm surprised DT beat out Nile, and I had hoped NB would beat Burzum, but I'll take those five victories.

Opeth over The Chasm is retarded, but I'm not surprised.

Other Close calls: Burzum and Dimmu Borgir.

HoM lost to Neurosis by 3 votes, and yet they only have 2 albums. The future's looking bright.

Kayo Dot were trashed by Immortal, but still, 12 votes is good for a band with 1 album.

Mar de Grises got 10 votes (not bad especially when up against Maiden).

Enslaved killing Megadeth must be a joke. I'm beginning to detest the hype around Enslaved. :loco:

I thought Neurosis was toast, simply because 1 out of every 4 threads is about Hammers, and Neurosis has like three threads total. Shows the power of an awesome band.

Damn, November's Doom within six votes of Carcass? That shoulda been a landslide, no disrespect to ND, either.

Lowest vote turnouts:

Deicide: 1
Manowar: 4
Angra: 4
Cradle of Filth: 5
Ayreon: 6
Satyricon: 8
Megadeth: 9

These guys were pretty much demolished.

Again, let me ask, Enslaved beats Megadeth......? I am in the twiglet zone. o_O

Twiglets-O.jpg

Twiglets rule by the way!

9 for Megadeth? I can bitch about Meshuggah and Kayo Dot losing, but that's okay because I know a lot of people don't dig on them. But fucking Megadeth? I mean, you fuckers know who Megadeth are, right?

So what? That's like saying the best blowjob in your life was ruined because two weeks later the girl dumped you. Shit still doesn't take back the triple-orgasm she was able to grant you using her magic tongue ring.

One Inch Man said:
So what? That's like saying the best blowjob in your life was ruined because two weeks later the girl dumped you. Shit still doesn't take back the triple-orgasm she was able to grant you using her magic tongue ring.

No, it's more like saying you were licking some good pussy when all of a sudden the girl farted and shit accidentally slipped out into your mouth. :ill:

Enslaved >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Megadeth

Isa>>>>>>>>>>>The System Has Failed.

Rust In Peace > any Enslaved album, but the argument can be made that Enslaved now has just as many great albums (at least five or six IMO) as Megadeth at this point, and almost all of them released during Mustaine's lowest period, so the all-important relevance factor is on their side...