Drudkh
Empyrium
Enslaved
Hammers
Moonsorrow
Opeth
Primordial
Ulver

Please vote for the remaining bands, who you feel are worthy to be categorized as "Essential Royal Carnage Listening".

Zod

I don't care if they share members or not ... but KD and MOTW should not be classified as one

lurch70 said:
I don't care if they share members or not ... but KD and MOTW should not be classified as one
yeah, it's like saying judas priest / fight. extremely different bands and near full personnel change. normally when 3 people from one band move on to the next it seems like a lot, but kayo dot is a 9 member band and maudlin of the Well had approx. 4,823 members.

there's some good bands on this poll, but i'm probably not going to vote because i don't think any qualify as essential. well, maybe negura bunget, and kayo dot SHOULD be an essential round here, but i know that's not the case. :loco:

not only that, but KD sucks emo balls ...and MOTW ... well ... they just ruled :lol:

My choices with explanations as before:

Negura Bunget: the original "we don't have fans outside of the forum" band
Kayo Dot/MOTW: five stars for creativity (applies to both).
In The Woods: another band respected by just about everyone, and ahead of their time.
Godspeed: I'm one of the post-rock geeks here.

god damn nad said:
emo?!???! man if you weren't like 3 feet taller than me i'd punch you. :loco:

hahahah ... hey, they are playing here in some weeks ... do they play any MOTW songs live ... or should i just bring my pillow if I go?

when asked if they play any motW songs live, toby once said "we don't play covers" so there's your answer.

seriously though, i saw them last year in some shit dive bar with like 20 people in attendance, and it was a top 5 concert experience, and probably #1 in terms of sound quality and perfect musician execution. you think slayer is a tight live band? kayo dot demolishes them. although if you don't like the music to begin with, all that is meaningless. :loco: