• Negura Bunget

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Slough Feg

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Summoning

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters
god damn nad said:
there's some good bands on this poll, but i'm probably not going to vote because i don't think any qualify as essential.
Agreed. I didn't vote for any of these bands either. As far as I'm concerned, none of these bands, save possibly Death, are of interest. I only put them out there because people asked for them, and I didn't want this poll to be about what I view as RC.

Zod

The only ones that could be truly essential for a metal fan are Summoning and In the Woods..., but we'll throw Morrigan and Falkenbach in there for good measure (and taste).

There was technical err somewhere in here if nobody likes the bands posted... considering you all got them in here originally?

summoning are great for like 20 minutes, that's about all i can listen to before shutting them off. which is why i own one album by them.

fuck me ... most of the music on recommended on this forum requires way too much concentration to enjoy ...

chicks, life and taking a mean dump are the only things that should require concentration ... music ... fuck that

lurch70 said:
chicks, life and taking a mean dump are the only things that should require concentration ... music ... fuck that
SIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGSIGV

edit; even though i love me some post rock when the feeling is right, genreally dee snider / lurch has the right idea; I WANNA WROCK!!!!!

and you know what ... it is much harder to write a simple catchy hit song than some long musical masturbation epic black metal wonder.

FACT!

dude seriously, can we manhug across the continent?

this is why i listen to stoner. instant gratification + ROCK OUT W/ YO COCK OUT.

although seriously, there's a time and place for everything. been listening to slough feg for liek 2 hours now because i want ROCK AND I WANT IT NOW, but other times i do want to sit there for 3219058 minutes in a row waiting for that godlike build-up a la pink floyd - animals:

have you heard the news?
the dogs are dead
you better stay home
and do as you're told
get out of the road
if you wanna grow oooooooooold

*insert GREATEST FUCKING RIFF OF ALL TIME*

I only voted for In the Woods... and MOTW/KD (I like MOTW and .. some KD , and many people do here so..)

Did not vote for Godspeed . While they are absolutely essential and a league on their own , everyone knows that they "are" post-rock and if one post-rock band was to be in the list it should be The Evpatoria Report . That said I'd not complain AT ALL seeing GY!BE figuring (last band I want to see live)

once again snow2fall and i see eye to eye (SEX ORGAN TO SEX ORGAN) i'm sorry i'm really drunk and offensive right now.

the only RC essentials are black sabbath, slayer, and... well that's it.

god damn nad said:
summoning are great for like 20 minutes, that's about all i can listen to before shutting them off. which is why i own one album by them.

Dude, that applies to everything you listen to, you fucking honky. :loco:

oh sure, says mr. maiden fan #1, a band who has pulled the same rabbit out of the same hat for like 58 years in a row now. :loco:
god damn nad said:
the only RC essentials are black sabbath, slayer, and... well that's it.
okay this is the genius drunken speak right here. i'm the winner.

god damn nad said:
oh sure, says mr. maiden fan #1, a band who has pulled the same rabbit out of the same hat for like 58 years in a row now.

And they're still #1. Funny that. :loco:

But anyway, I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about you turning off the CD after 20 minuites. Name me one CD where you don't turn it off after 20 minutes......*waiting*....I see. :loco: