BMD reissue kicks ass

Clayman77

Katatoned
Jan 20, 2002
Atlanta, Georgia
Visit site
Hi guys,

so I got the now mastered reissue of Brave Murder Day today. And as Anders said, it really kicks ass. Sounds are way better now that record is properly mastered. Booklet also has very nice recollection back to BMD days written by the man himself, Anders. At least for me this is first time that I've heard more details about Katatonia break up, how the band got back together and how BMD was conceived.

So I suggest, get it asap :kickass: And to all you K fans in Hellsinki, sorry, I got the only copy that Keltainen Jäänsärkijä had, but I guess that they're gonna get more copies soon.

Cerulean said:
Oh! I didn't know it was gonna be remastered.
I'd prefer to hear a sound sample before buying it though.

Blakkheim said that the original BMD wasn't mastered at all, the mixes went straight into the CD production factory.
So the difference will be pretty big.

Is it available online anywhere? I've been waiting for a mastered version of BMD to come out for years now, and the fact that it's finally been done has me excited to say the least. :headbang:

I tend to agree....but I'm sure this remaster is going to be a must. Or should I say just plain mastered.

MadTinus said:
I really wanna have it, it's listed in the Peaceville online store right now, but no price is mentioned.. The release date on the Kata-site (http://katatonia.com/knews/?p=70) is November 6th by the way, so I guess then you've been lucky Clayman77.
You're absolutely right MadTinus. Release date is mentioned as November 6th. I guess Peaceville changed the release date, since when Kata-site first told the news, I marked the release date in my calender. And it was 23rd of October. And also at the Peaceville site (http://www.peaceville.com) BMD reissue is under latest releases. But Katatonia section at Peaceville site tells that reissue is in stores 2006-11-06 :loco: So it seems that I was very lucky to get it so soon :)