BMD reissue kicks ass

Unicorn said:
Blakkheim said that the original BMD wasn't mastered at all, the mixes went straight into the CD production factory.
So the difference will be pretty big.
Blakkheim also tells this in re-release booklet:

"Then the master tape, for unknown reasons, managed to slip into the pressing completely un-mastered, hence the low output of audio and lack of various EQ/FX enhancements. This brings us right up to date, after more than ten years. Finally, the album has been properly mastered for the first time and now re-released. There is nothing more to say. Crank it up, close your eyes and let visions of hanged people drifting up and down in windmills come to you as it came to us...

Anders 'Blakkheim' Nyström, autumn 2006"

Clayman77 said:
You're absolutely right MadTinus. Release date is mentioned as November 6th. I guess Peaceville changed the release date, since when Kata-site first told the news, I marked the release date in my calender. And it was 23rd of October. And also at the Peaceville site (http://www.peaceville.com) BMD reissue is under latest releases. But Katatonia section at Peaceville site tells that reissue is in stores 2006-11-06 :loco: So it seems that I was very lucky to get it so soon :)
Actually I also had this October 23rd date in my head somehow, but when I consulted the website, I saw that.. so I guess they changed it afterwards, but it slipped out into a Helsinki shop on the original date all the same ;).

MadTinus said:
Actually I also had this October 23rd date in my head somehow, but when I consulted the website, I saw that.. so I guess they changed it afterwards, but it slipped out into a Helsinki shop on the original date all the same ;).
Yeah, I guess so. And the guy in record store told that they had gotten only one copy of reissue. He was kind of amazed about it.

I definitely will buy it, somewhere down the road... but, the original, raw feeling of original BMD... that I'll never get over! Damn right now I don't even want to mess with it!!!

Gee remastered BMD sweet;
Maybe what brave yesterdays lacked, then again the poorer older production works for the style and mood of the music, but I may look into that

I'm interested to know how many countries had the limited promotional Katatonia albums sold....
Discouraged ones / Brave Murder Day together 2 CD Set / blended cover art from both albums
ONly 24 bucks Aus, Two fricken albums..

Francis Xavier said:
Gee remastered BMD sweet;
Maybe what brave yesterdays lacked, then again the poorer older production works for the style and mood of the music, but I may look into that

I'm interested to know how many countries had the limited promotional Katatonia albums sold....
Discouraged ones / Brave Murder Day together 2 CD Set / blended cover art from both albums
ONly 24 bucks Aus, Two fricken albums..

i have that cd.

meneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitmeneedsitme

I finally got to hear it. You'll hear a difference compared to the original, but don't expect a massive difference. The biggest difference is the recording itself is louder. I also noticed that the bass parts are a little more audiable, the guitars a little fuller, and the vocals are a little clearer. Other than that it still sounds the same. It's worth getting if you love the album because it has been improved, but it's not quite the difference I was hoping for.