Bodies- The exhibition

awwwwwww

plastinated baby camel

375924789_2ebf638a60.jpg

Heard about it ?

I was there last week, and it was amazing.
I can almost say after this, that I have seen it all..
I never thought I would see REAL bodies this way.... Nothing is "gore"
everything is clean presented, no jars, but real bodies who stand in space
touchable.
Really amazing.
Never thought I would see a human body sliced to perfect pieces,
never thought I would see a pile of human skin...
never thought I would see ebryos and unborn babies...
never ever thought I would see a human body made of muscels holding hands to it's own skeleton...

If you get a chance: GO SEE IT!!!!!!!

http://www.bodiestheexhibition.com/
now i know where clive barker gets his ideas from o_O

hehe, it sounds really interesting, though. id love to see it.

aaaaaaaaaaaw, you discovered the secret to my zombie pictures. I have a few stock images of the bodies that I create my pictures from.

I've been wanting to see this exhibition in person for quite some time, but no one ever wanted to go with me.

I saw it when it was in Philly. VERY cool stuff. Weird that this thread came up. I was discussing it with my coworkers, and one of them told me that Philly also has a medical oddities museum. I definitely have to check that out soon.... as well as the Spy Museum in DC

Philly also has a medical oddities museum.

YEAH! Cara and I were wanting to go to that for a while, but never got around to going while we were still in the area ....

I think we learned about it from something on TV, travel channel or the like.

It looks to be pretty gross.

wikipedia said:
The Mütter Museum is a medical museum located in the Center City area of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. It contains a collection of medical oddities, anatomical and pathological specimens, wax models, and antique medical equipment. The museum is located at the College of Physicians of Philadelphia The original purpose of the collection, donated by doctor Thomas Dent Mutter in 1858, was medical research and education.

The museum is best known for its large collection of skulls and anatomical specimens including a wax model of a woman with a human horn growing out of her forehead, the tallest skeleton on display in North America, a 5'-long human colon that contained over 40 pounds of fecal matter, and the petrified body of the mysterious Soap Lady, whose corpse was turned into a soapy substance called adipocere. Many wax models from the early 19th century are on display as are numerous preserved organs and body parts. The museum also hosts a collection of teratological specimens (preserved human fetal specimens), a malignant tumor removed from President Grover Cleveland's hard palate, the conjoined liver from Siamese twins Chang and Eng Bunker, and a growth removed from President Lincoln's assassin, John Wilkes Booth.

According to a special that aired on TLC, this place is listed as #7 in the Top Ten Most Creepiest Destinations on Earth.

ahar, TLC, that was where I saw it.

"The Soap Woman
Perhaps the oddest attraction is the body of the "Soap Woman." This is the body of a woman who died of Yellow Fever sometime in the 19th century and was buried in soil with certain chemical properties . . . that turned her into soap! An accompanying display shows an x-ray cross-section and tells her story."

hahahaha wtf!

Not quite, but sure. "Whats that lovely smell in your hair?" "Dead woman soap(tm) brand shampoo!"