Bonus tracks

That's music to my ears Steve. Rainbow was rattling around my head when you were asking for 80s stuff.

I can only speak personally but as a HUGE fan of Rainbow, ANY of the following covered would make me so happy:

Stargazer
Kill the King
Run with the Wolf
Man on the Silver Mountain
Sixteenth Century Greensleeves
Long Live Rock 'n' Roll
Holy Diver (obviously)
Rainbow in the Dark
Evil Eyes
We Rock

Essentially anything off the Rainbow's Dio years and his best solo stuff :headbang:

I'm totally for covering Dio/Rainbow. I'm all behind Rainbow In The Dark, since Dream Theater just covered Stargazer last year.

I also give a +1 to Dom's entire post.

Rainbow in the Dark may be a bit obvious but it is a great song and i think it would be perfect - i love Don't Talk to Stangers but Blind Guardian has already done it

Anything but Holy Diver... good song, but half the people listening would probably think you were covering KsE :rolleyes:

I pray that our prayers are answered :headbang:

I honoured Dio with my last (probably) ever DJ setlist for our uni rock club by playing 4 songs I love with Dio singing all together at the end of the night: Heaven and Hell, Man on the Silver Mountain, Rainbow in the Dark and Holy Diver.

This will be revealed here first!

By the way, sorry for my absence the past few days. Been travelling around a bit since last weekend in Derby, Taking in Newton Abbot and Paignton in Devon and then up to Aberystwyth and Dolgellau in Wales. Just back this evening

good to know :headbang:

you also travel along the Devon coast? I frequently go to Plymouth and I know well that Newton Abbot route- still think it is one of the most scenic stretches of railway line in the country - I love the view in Teigmouth