Books

speed said:
Nice to see you found some food for your soul.

I'm always on the look out for my hungry soul. It's probably the reason why I read so much non-fiction and so little fiction.

I've found, especially lately, that fiction and especially movies bore me to tears. It's kind of annoying sometimes, since I would love to get lost in a story every once in a while but nooooooo, not me. :tickled:

Doomcifer said:
I'm always on the look out for my hungry soul. It's probably the reason why I read so much non-fiction and so little fiction.
You need to read more thought provoking fiction, like Rushdie or Kerouac. Souwl like a negrow, negro. :cool:

One Inch Man said:
You need to read more thought provoking fiction, like Rushdie or Kerouac. Souwl like a negrow, negro. :cool:

I have read a lot of Kerouac about 4 years ago. I really do need to check out Rushdie with all you bastards hyping him up round these parts.

The Satanic Verses is excellent, and Fury is my current favorite book (if I had to choose one). Fury = The Grudge in terms of emotional intensity. You heard me. :loco:

I'm kinda burned out on reading now, I'll pick up in a week or so probably.

Um, well Fury displays his excellent prose, and alot of anger, but it is his worst book. Its very disjointed. I dig the black dude with the hot model chick who gets murdered by the preppy society boys, and of course his hot Fijian model woman. But still its a ridiculous story, especially his puppet man's life story.

I still like it though. A rare quick Rushdie read.

It's not a typical Rushdie book, no. It's the anger that made me love it though, since I have a bit of a temper it really spoke to me. And of course it's ridiculous, it's fucking Rushdie. :loco:

My least favorite of his that I've read was the Moor's Last Sigh, but it was still pretty good.

Ya, I would go ahead and personally slit the throats of 90% of the people I meet if I wouldn;t get thrown behind bars or put to death. Does that make me a bad person? Naaa. Anger is good. Gimme.

That's why I think you'd really enjoy it. I gave a copy to a girl once and told her "I know I'm an asshole sometimes, this book might help you understand." I doubt she ever read it, but if she did she probably didn't get it.

Doomcifer said:
well, wtf?! I like ANGRY.

I need a fiction book of phenomenal proportions. Suggestions please..1, 2, 3, GO!

ULYSSES.GIF

I have that, but havne't read it. I've read about 12 pages in Finnegans Wake, and the scariest part is I understood about 1/3 of it!!!

By the way, my friend told me to keep that book SHELVED whenever not reading it. I didn't heed his advice. I saw the face on the cover of my edition move one night. Scared the crap out of me. I was not on any drugs either. Whoa.

IRISH HANDCUFFS

hahaha, don't look up "double fist" on google images, that wasn't what I was expecting!

I asked my mom for Finnegans Wake for Xmas a few years ago, she said "there's no way I can just buy you that Joyce because it's too insane" so that's why I have Ulysses as well.

He's an awful old reppe. Look at the shirt of him !
Look at the dirt of it! He has all my water black on me. And it
steeping and stuping since this time last wik. How many goes
is it I wonder I washed it? I know by heart the places he likes to
saale, duddurty devil! Scorching my hand and starving my fa-
mine to make his private linen public. Wallop it well with your
battle and clean it. My wrists are wrusty rubbing the mouldaw
stains. And the dneepers of wet and the gangres of sin in it!