Books

One Inch Man said:
By the way, my friend told me to keep that book SHELVED whenever not reading it. I didn't heed his advice. I saw the face on the cover of my edition move one night. Scared the crap out of me. I was not on any drugs either. Whoa.

huh?

By what reflections did he, a conscious reactor against the void of incertitude, justify to himself his sentiments?

The preordained frangibility of the hymen: the presupposed intangibility of the thing in itself: the incongruity and disproportion between the selfprolonging tension of the thing proposed to be done and the selfabbreviating relaxation of the thing done: the fallaciously inferred debility of the female: the mascularity of the male: the variations of ethical codes: the natural grammatical transition by inversion involving no alteration of sense of an aorist preterite proposition (parsed as masculine subject, monosyllabic onomatopoeic transitive verb with direct feminie object) from the active voice into its correlative aorist preterite proposition (parsed as feminine subject, auxiliary verb and quasimonosyllabic onomatopoeic past participle complementary masculine agent) in the passive voice: the continued product of seminators by generation: the continual production of semen by distillation: the futility of triumph or protest or vindication: the inanity of extolled virtue: the lethargy of nescient matter: the apathy of the stars.

Doomcifer, check this out. So I just opened Finnegans Wake for the first time, while taking a dump. Got about 4 lines in before I started CRACKING UP horrendously (here is the first part of the book if you havne't read it). So I read about 2 pages, finish up crapping, stand up to flush and wash my hands, still laughing, look over at the cover of the book sitting on my toilet. THE FACE ON IT STARTED TO FUCKING MOVE. So yeah, from there on out, I do not deny the power that is that book.

tauftauf thuartpeatrick: not yet, though venissoon after, had a 10
kidscad buttended a bland old isaac: not yet, though all's fair in 11
vanessy, were sosie sesthers wroth with twone nathandjoe. Rot a

ahAHAHAHAHAhhahAHAHA

he got buttended

Seriously dude, that shit scared me. And my friend said "I FUCKING TOLD YOU DUDE, THERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU JUST DON'T FUCK WITH!!!" He's also the same dude that couldn't finish Fury because it freaked him out, so I just assumed he was a wuss. That may still be true, but he was RIGHT about Finnegans Wake.

Yeah. He's in New Zealand right now, fucking bastard. I have to pick his bitch ass up this next Friday. I fukcing hate LAX.

joyce.jpg

Just read a book by Arthur Phillips called the Egyptologist. it is quite good, I highly recommend it.

I liked Portrait of the Artist, but I gave up on Ulyssess after a few hundred pages. I dont know, I have very mixed feelings on Joyce; perhaps I will have to try again.

Being the lover of Russian Lit; I was wondering BLack WInter, whtehr you have read Andrei Bely's Petersburg? Its a stream of consciousness style epic novel written I think in 1906 or 7. Its a difficult read, but worth it.

speed said:
Just read a book by Arthur Phillips called the Egyptologist. it is quite good, I highly recommend it.

I liked Portrait of the Artist, but I gave up on Ulyssess after a few hundred pages. I dont know, I have very mixed feelings on Joyce; perhaps I will have to try again.

Being the lover of Russian Lit; I was wondering BLack WInter, whtehr you have read Andrei Bely's Petersburg? Its a stream of consciousness style epic novel written I think in 1906 or 7. Its a difficult read, but worth it.

Dude, you have to force your way through Ulysses. You have to take your time on each page, read sections repeatedly, even read each chapter 2 or 3 times. Don't listen to the fools who think you have to look up every single reference, that's only for people on their third reading of the book or so. Next time I read it (this summer), I'll use the exegesis so I can better understand all the different themes better. Anyway, it's one of those readings that's going to require absolute effort on your part, but it makes the reward that much sweeter when everything clicks and you start to enjoy it.

Dude, I LOVE Russian lit. I love modernism and stream-of-consciousness. Thus...

Is is translated decently?

ah its translation of Petersburg is decent. You would love it though, since you like Joyce. Well most likely I will give Ulysses a try this summer, or whenever I have some down time. Its more demanding than German philosophy.

Now this is a book for every American, fascinating stuff: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0393059944/qid=1111247279/sr=2-1/ref=pd_bbs_b_2_1/104-7300959-4664768Basically America cannot continue its current lifestyle, as we have begun the decline; the only way to reemerge is to change our economic life, our social life, and our patterns of consumerism. This is fascinating book thats spans all the latest trends in neurospsychology, economics, etc.

The author WHybrow is a preminent scholar and expert in Neuroscience. He heads a huge neuroscience research institute, and was on the board of Holland's Phillips company. Hence, he is no slouch just mouthing off opinions.

"lol this thing is xbox huge" Oh my fuck, where is Erik's eyestab machine when you need it? I have about 30 books that are larger than an Xbox, what a fucking moron. *sigh* That looks really cool though.

Oh yeah I finished Fear and Loathing in LV the other night, shit rules.