Books

BTW, I really really really like House of Leaves. I let my mom read it and she loved it as well. She even bought that Danielewski dude's sister's CD!

hey niggahz, do you guys re-read books? just wondering because i used to buy books exclusively and then one day i moved and it was a terrible pain in the ass to haul books around. they added literally HOURS to the move. now they just all sit on some shelves in my bedroom taking up space. i rarely if ever re-read something. now i just go to the liberry for everything.
just wondering.

yeah, same here. im reading "desperation". last time was like '96 or something. so, allright, ive re-read ONE book.

ahh...maren said i would have to dl them to a service like photbucket or something. i said i was too lazy to do that. is there another way?

dude botophucket takes like, 8 seconds. :loco:

i've re-read a book or two, but it's pretty rare. i regularly go back to books i've read for reference though, like Lord of the Rings. i generally have at least 50 books on my shelves i haven't read though, so a full re-read doesn't happen often.

dorian gray said:
hey niggahz, do you guys re-read books? just wondering because i used to buy books exclusively and then one day i moved and it was a terrible pain in the ass to haul books around. they added literally HOURS to the move. now they just all sit on some shelves in my bedroom taking up space. i rarely if ever re-read something. now i just go to the liberry for everything.
just wondering.

If it's a great book, I'll read it multiple times.

James Joyce - ULYSSES (3 times, some sections many more)
James Joyce - PORTRAIT... (2 times)
Thomas Pynchon - THE CRYING... (2 times)
Thomas Pynchon - GRAVITY'S RAINBOW (I've read certain parts many, many times)
J.D. Salinger - THE CATCHER IN THE RYE (2 times)
Kurt Vonnegut - CAT'S CRADLE (2 times)
Herman Hesse - SIDDHARTHA (2 times)
Herman Hesse - STEPPENWOLF (2 times)
I think there's more...

I went with my dad to the Thomas Wolfe museum/memorial in Asheville today. Took a tour of the inn that is the setting for LOOK HOMEWARD, ANGEL. Amazing writer, amazing life. Hard to believe someone that famous/talented came from my same area and went to my same university. I need to re-read LHA and the sequel.

asheville rules. second favorite town in america. third in the world. for me anyway.

dorian gray said:
asheville rules. second favorite town in america. third in the world. for me anyway.

Yeah, I love it too. Great atmosphere. Great scenery. A lot of hippies. The big music store surprisingy sucks.

Crimson Velvet said:
I just ordered William Faulkner's "As I Lay Dying". I'm looking forward to it.

I read this about 4 years ago. It was one of my first forays into experimental literature... I think I would have appreciated it much more if I read it again today. That said, The Sound and the Fury is fantastic. I'm not sure if the latter was just a better book, or I read tSatF at a more heightened awareness of what WF was attempting with narrative. I dunno.