Books

i completely my Calvin and Hobbes collection very cheaply via Amazon's used book shitketplace.

The Skeptic's Dictionary, HHGTTG AGAIN, and a $50 astronomy behemoth called "Universe." Book: Hardcover | 10.39 x 12.24in | 512 pages | ISBN 0756613647 | 17 Oct 2005

HUGE book.

Dick Sirloin said:
I read this about 4 years ago. It was one of my first forays into experimental literature... I think I would have appreciated it much more if I read it again today. That said, The Sound and the Fury is fantastic. I'm not sure if the latter was just a better book, or I read tSatF at a more heightened awareness of what WF was attempting with narrative. I dunno.

I've already read The Sound and the Fury, myself, and although I prefer the minimalistic, simple style of Hemingway, I enjoyed it greatly. Which lead me to explore Faulkner further by ordering this.

You only like it because of "My mother is a fish." :loco:

I haven't read any Faulkner other than those two, but I do have Light in August laying around. His short story "A Rose for Emily" is excellent - check it out if you haven't read it.

I've been reading this book on superstring theory... For someone not scientifically inclined at all I'm coming along rather nicely. Oh, and I also read "A Season in Hell" by Arthur Rimbaud. And some zen stuff.

when did people start hating books, 2-stars? :lol: :erk:

stupid books...
get 'em boy, kick them smartass books!

No. I'm 55, homeless, and spend my days in the library reading Chekhov and telling all the browsers I was married to Virginia Woolf in nineteen-dickity-two.

Dick Sirloin said:
You only like it because of "My mother is a fish."

I haven't read any Faulkner other than those two, but I do have Light in August laying around. His short story "A Rose for Emily" is excellent - check it out if you haven't read it.

:lol: Maybe...

And yes, "A Rose for Emily" is excellent as well. In fact, just buy Go Down, Moses and immerse yourself in his short stories.

And I'm a reporter, btw.

Oh, and I finished Beowulf some time past, thanks again mr Moose. I also started writing a reply to you but it all got lost as I by mistake stroke some random button, which deleted it all :|

I'll give it another shot tomorrow, as I'm feeling rather restless and grumpy at the moment

just read freakonomics, pretty interesting...the dude uses the methodology of economics and applies it to studies of "why do crack dealers live with their mothers?" and "do teachers cheat on standardized testing?" and other stuff like that.

most interesting part was how he postulated the huge drop in crime in the mid-90s was due to roe v. wade