Books

Dick Sirloin said:
Did any of you fuckers ever read HOUSE OF LEAVES?

Myself, I just re-re-re-re-re-read Rimbaud's "A Season in Hell". Why? It's only 40 pages and is damn amazing in it's wisdom, beauty and deep despair. Oh, and he says "my pals" a bunch in this one part...

:lol:

Currently reading "Brave New World." :)

0141800127.jpg

Battlefield Earth by L. Ron Hubbard

the 5th volume of stephen king's dark tower saga

the novelization of the 7th season of buffy the vampire slayer

war zone, a novel starring the fantastic 4 (has absolutely nothing to do with the movie)

the novelization of the movie batman begins

and at some point in the near future i'm prolly gonna start reading some of the collected editions of daredevil (or whatever collected editions are at the library when i actually get around to showing up)

Brave New World is awesome.

Just read Island In the Sea of Time, by S.M. Stirling, on Lizard's recommendation. Late 20th century Nantucket is transported back to the Bronze Age. Not nearly as goofy as it sounds. Suffers a little bit from the not-uncommon fantasy stigma of the villains being much cooler and better developed than the heroes, with the exception of the black lesbian Coast Guard captain, who is just the most badass person ever. Good read.

NADatar said:
Re-started Steppenwolf. What in holy fuck I didn't like about this book on my initial attempt a year ago, I just don't know. 23 pages in and I'm so captivated I had to... take a break and post this wtf.

If you can get through the 50 page "Treatise on the Steppenwolf", you're all set. The last 2/3 of the book is where it really picks up.

Pyrus said:
Just read Island In the Sea of Time, by S.M. Stirling, on Lizard's recommendation. Late 20th century Nantucket is transported back to the Bronze Age. Not nearly as goofy as it sounds. Suffers a little bit from the not-uncommon fantasy stigma of the villains being much cooler and better developed than the heroes, with the exception of the black lesbian Coast Guard captain, who is just the most badass person ever. Good read.

cool...now you've got the next two in the trilogy...keep in mind that trilogy is conceptually interlocked with the trilogy he's currently writing; when Nantucket is swept back to the bronze age, the rest of the world finds that all technology is useless, and they have to start from scratch.

when the Captain finally gets it on with 'dapa...that was pretty cool.

I also just finished Stirling's Peshewar Lancers

Okay went book crazy last night and bought the following:

*Alice in Wonderland / Through the Looking Cunt / Whatever because I've never read them shitz.

*A new Vonnegut book called A Man without a Country, a commentary on modern America which will likely be as insightful as it is funny, sad, and correct. Just a guess.

*Passarola Rising, that book that JayK's cuuuuuuz wrote. Looks really cool!

*annoted version of Lolita, since I've now read two Nabokov books but not his "hit" or whatever.

*THE DUMB BUNNIES' EASTER because stupid kid's books fucking rule:

dumbbunnies.jpg

And I'm almost done with Steppenwolf. Holy balls does it rule.

NADatar said:
*A new Vonnegut book called A Man without a Country, a commentary on modern America which will likely be as insightful as it is funny, sad, and correct. Just a guess.

I bought that when it came out. Good stuff, will take you about 30 minutes to read. I can't believe that dude's still alive and relevant.

And I'm almost done with Steppenwolf. Holy balls does it rule.

As you know, one of my favorite novels ever. I nearly bought THE GLASS BEAD GAME today so I couldsay I've read his "big five." Instead I bought Frank Zappa's autobiography! :tickled:

Read A Man Without a Country in one sitting last night. Pretty funny stuff but way too short. Vonnegut in his 80's > yuo.

Been reading a bunch of Chekhov for class. And the Zappa autobiography. The two are very similar.