Books

i'm reading "open veins of latin america" by eduardo galeano...fucking amazing book about the economic exploitation of latin america since columbus. curse you capitalist swine! :heh:

Dick Sirloin said:
Well, I'm halfway through THE RECOGNITIONS

FINALLY finished this fuckin behemoth of a novel after a 1 month sabbatical. It's like a combination of Dostoyevsky, Salinger and well... something entirely new (I was gonna say Pynchon, but THIS is the prototype for GRAVITY'S RAINBOW). Excellent read

Also been reading AN INTRODUCTION TO CONSCIOUSNESS by Susan Blackmore

I recently ordered:

The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion

Should make for a amusing couple of hours, in spite of it being a "proved fraud" and all... I just don't hope of my co-workers ever se it, as it might get me fired and all... :p

MajestikMøøse said:
I'd love to read The Brothers Karamazov, but the sheer length of the novel dissuades me from starting :(

Its not that bad. Only like 750 pages.

Plus, its a really quick read...you really get roped in. Excellent fucking writing as usual from my main squeeze Fyodor.

What translation do you have, Doomcifer? Please tell me it's Pevear-Volokhonsky

You have to read PORTRAIT before ULYSSES, holmes. Otherwise it will go from 21% making sense to about 9% :p

BTW, when I was in Dublin this weekend I visited all the Joycean sites, including No.7 Eccles St. I even bought a Joyce shirt at the Joyce Museum!

Dick Sirloin said:
What translation do you have, Doomcifer? Please tell me it's Pevear-Volokhonsky

You have to read PORTRAIT before ULYSSES, holmes. Otherwise it will go from 21% making sense to about 9% :p

BTW, when I was in Dublin this weekend I visited all the Joycean sites, including No.7 Eccles St. I even bought a Joyce shirt at the Joyce Museum!

Of course it's the Pevear-Volokhonsky you bunghole. You think I just buy any translation? :heh:

Fuck Portrait. You douchebag. You didnt tell me that last time we talked. Are you black?

read Men of Mathematics again, about to start the last four Dune novels (or maybe i'll get the first two and start from the top)

Doomcifer said:
Its not that bad. Only like 750 pages.

Plus, its a really quick read...you really get roped in. Excellent fucking writing as usual from my main squeeze Fyodor.

I bought my boyfriend that for his birthday. He's been reading it, but hasn't said anything about it yet. =/