books?

It's a funny picture :)

Petrucci_Jesus.jpg

Haha yeah, absolutely :headbang: he´s the prog messiah or somethink like that..*g*

Yep, I listed it and have read it. The first five books are quite good, but the last two he kind of lost it. Seemed a little forced and even crazy at times. I did like the real ending of the book (the one continued after King's final word) better than the canon ending.

I can say..the overall experience was absolutely cool for me, but you´re right, the really magic moments (i´ll never forget) I had by reading the first 3 books. I always listened to the "DUNE" soundtrack while I´d read it, and it was pure magic. I really can recommend this books..they are different. You will have a good time!

yeah good move with the physics. one of the best books i read was "the elegant universe" by brian greene. read it like 3 times in a row it was very good. i also enjoy michael circhton novels, i always loved the scientific elements.

i kind of forced myself to read so many classics that i am either re-reading them multiple times or reading more modern stuff. i still prefer modern late 19th/early 20th century novels and such.

dostoevsky, joyce, fitzgerald, etc.

as i said in my original post i just started reading "bleak house" and a 1/4 way through it is a great read. somehow i missed this and it is kind of an overlooked dickens novel.

Feynman's stuff is all excellent. For cosmology check out Steven Weinberg's 'The First Three Minutes', for modern physics check out Brian Greene, and for general scientific thought check out Feynman's 'The Pleasure of Finding Things Out' and 'The Meaning of It All', available together as a two-pack for cheap. Also, Carl Sagan wins at winning.

Jeff

actually it's not jesus. it's john petrucci.

Close enough, eh? :lol:

It's a funny picture :)

Petrucci_Jesus.jpg

LOL

Feynman's stuff is all excellent. For cosmology check out Steven Weinberg's 'The First Three Minutes', for modern physics check out Brian Greene, and for general scientific thought check out Feynman's 'The Pleasure of Finding Things Out' and 'The Meaning of It All', available together as a two-pack for cheap. Also, Carl Sagan wins at winning.

Jeff

Yes, I have heard of Steven Weinberg. Need to check that out.

He got a Nobel prize in physics for unifying weak nuclear and electromagnetic force, has insanely high research impact, and founded the theoretical group at University of Texas at Austin, currently holding the position of trump-card in "My school kicks your school's ass" arguments for any UT student.

Jeff