Boring songs you can't help but listen to...

Till Fjalls

¥¤ÆZµ
May 21, 2001
* Toronto *
fade.to
This kinda stemmed from the Music Sucks thread. Since I can't often find an album that is good all the way through, I've noticed the same problem with some songs. A lot of songs sound kinda lame, and I don't really like listening to them, but they may have one riff that just blows me away, so I always end up listening to the sopngs anyway....Anyone else have songs like this???

I'm not going to go in depth yet (I'm supposed to be working on an assignment:rolleyes: ), but two in particular I can think of are:

Dirge for november (i only listen for the outro)
Bleak(devious movements.... part kicks ass, and so does the instrumental part that comes rioght before the "devious movements" part comes in for the second time. Actually that instr part may be opeth's greatest moment ever. Oh wait....and the acoustic middle part rocks too. I guess what i'm trying to say is that the first part of the song sucks)

Pretty much all Katatonia songs fit this description. I like the dark/sad emotions the music exudes, but I hate the repetativeness.

I really really hate when this happens. Some of the newer In Flames stuff does this to me a lot! The newer Dimmu Borgir stuff from Spiritual Black Dimensions. If I think of more I will post it...

Originally posted by dune_666
Pretty much all Katatonia songs fit this description. I like the dark/sad emotions the music exudes, but I hate the repetativeness.

Tonight´s decision´s problem...it should some 10 minutes shorter.

all of corrosion of conformity's.
dark tranquility. "through ebony archways" "crimson winds" and most from haven ( i listen to industrial like apoptygma berzerk so i loved haven.
All of morgion's stuff from solinari.
And all of mydying bride's old stuff.

Hmm, theres heaps of songs where i only like a riff right near the end, but i dont want to skip any of the song because despite it being boring and uninteresting it sets up the 'good riff' really well. I cant think of any such songs at the moment, coz usually i either get used to the first half and learn to like it, or give up on the song completely!

Tool sometimes fit into this category. Lateralus is probably the best example, but thats only when im not in the right mood for most tool stuff.

311. They are one of my favorite bands. I don't know what it is, but I just love them. I waited outside Best Buy for 2 hours when From Chaos came out.